Hello readers,Today we are going to provide you ASIAN GAMES 2018 WITH PRACTICE SET MCQs PDF which will help you in upcoming RAILWAY GROUP D EXAMS 2018, SSC GD CONSTABLE EXAMS 2018, SBI, IBPS and other competitive exams.
The Asian Games, also known as Asiad, is a continental multi-sport event held every four years among athletes from all over Asia. The Games were regulated by the Asian Games Federation (AGF) from the first Games in New Delhi, India, until the 1978 Games. Since the 1982 Games they have been organized by the Olympic Council of Asia (OCA), after the breakup of the Asian Games Federation.
The Games are recognized by the International Olympic Committee (IOC) and are described as the second largest multi-sport event after the Olympic Games. In its history, nine nations have hosted the Asian Games. Forty-six nations have participated in the Games, including Israel, which was excluded from the Games after their last participation in 1974.
Last games was held in Incheon, South Korea from 19 September to 4 October 2014, while the current games are held in Jakarta and Palembang, Indonesia from 18 August to 2 September 2018. The next games are scheduled to Hangzhou, China between 10 and 25 September 2022. All 45 members affiliated to the Olympic Council of Asia (OCA) are eligible to take part in the Games.
Static Gk is an important part of General Awareness section of SSC, Railway, CTET, UPSC, IBPS,SBI, RBI, Defence, State Exams and other competitive exams. ASIAN GAMES 2018 WITH PRACTICE SET MCQs PDF will also help you in upcoming RAILWAY GROUP D EXAMS 2018.
Here are some key points about 18th ASIAN GAMES 2018………..
• 2018 Asian Games, officially known as the 18th Asian Games was held from 18 August to 2 September 2018 in the Indonesian cities of Jakarta and Palembang.
• The opening and closing ceremonies of the Games held at Gelora Bung Karno Main Stadium in Jakarta.
• Motto: “Energy of Asia“
• For the first time, e sports (a form of competition using video games) and canoe polo contested as demonstration sports.
• Indian sports ministry had cleared an 804-member Indian contingent, including 572 athletes, for the Asian Games.
• Javelin Thrower Neeraj Chopra was India’s flag-bearer at the opening ceremony. (Haryana)
• Indian women hockey captain Rani Rampal was India’s flag-bearer at the closing ceremony. (Haryana)
• The first Asian Games were held in Delhi, India, 1951.
• First time in Indonesia in 1962.
• 17th Asian Games were held in Incheon, South Korea. (2014)
• 2022 Asian Games will be held in Hangzhou, China.
• 2026 Asian Games will be held in Nagoya, Japan.
Here is a list of all the Indian athletes who won Gold medal at the 2018 Asian Games.
• Bajrang Punia – Wrestling (Men’s freestyle 65kg)
• Vinesh Phogat – Wrestling (Women’s freestyle 50 kg)
• Saurabh Chaudhary – Shooting (Men’s 10 metre air pistol)
• Rahi Sarnobat – Shooting (Women’s 25 metre pistol)
• Sawarn Singh, Dattu Baban Bhokanal, Om Prakash, Sukhmeet Singh – Rowing (Men’s quadruple sculls)
• Rohan Bopannam, Divij Sharan – Tennis (Men’s doubles)
• Tajinderpal Singh Toor – Athletics (Men’s shot put)
• Neeraj Chopra – Athletics (Men’s javelin throw)
• Manjit Singh – Athletics (Men’s 800 metres)
• Arpinder Singh – Athletics (Men’s triple jump)
• Swapna Barman – Athletics (Women’s heptathlon)
• Jinson Johnson – Athletics (Men’s 1500 metres)
• M. R. Poovamma, Saritaben Gaikwad, Hima Das, Vismaya Athletics – Athletics (Women’s 4 x 400 m relay)
• Amit Panghal – Boxing (Men’s Light Fly 49kg)
• India Men’s Bridge Team (Pranab Bardhan and Shibhnath Sarkar)
Here we are sharing list of ASIAN GAMES 2018 WITH PRACTICE SET MCQs PDF. You can download the pdf by clicking on the link given below.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD ASIAN GAMES 2018 WITH PRACTICE SET MCQs PDF
CLICK HERE TO JOIN US ON TELEGRAM