DU Admission Application Form 2020 Registration & Apply Online: Delhi University is going to release the DU Application Form 2020 on 08th June 2020. Interested and eligible candidates can fill their admission form through official website and apply online for the Delhi University Admission 2020.
Delhi University offers admission in various Undergraduate and Post Graduate courses. The authority will provide a common DU application form for all the courses offered in the 90 affiliated DU colleges. In this article we are going to share how to fill the DU 2020 application form, registration, important dates and eligibility criteria.
DU Admission Application Form 2020 – Overview
|Article Name||DU Admission Application Form 2020 Registration & Apply Online|
|Name Of The Course||Delhi University Undergraduate & Post Graduate Courses 2020|
|Name Of The University||Delhi University|
|Total Number Of Seats||62,000|
|Programs Offered By DU||B.A, B.Com and B.Sc etc|
|Starting Date Of Application||20th June, 2020 (10:00 AM)|
|Last Date To Apply Online||04th July, 2020 (5:00 PM)|
|DU Cutoff & Merit List Date 2020||August – September 2020|
|Total Number Of Applications||94,536 (till now)|
DU Admission 2020
Arun Kumar Attree, a member of the standing committee, said: “The registration portal is to be opened from June 20 to July 4 for all courses. The second window will be opened for updating marks after the declaration of results by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE).
Candidates must go through details about the DU 2020 Admission form from section given below:
- DU Application process is starting from 08th June 2020 for UG courses.
- For PG courses, application form will be released in June 2020.
- Candidates have to fill their application form through online mode. Other mode will not be allowed to fill the application form.
- You have to fill details like personal, education, address etc. in the application form.
- Upload your recent scanned passport size photograph and signature in the prescribed format.
- Candidates can fill their application form till 30th June for UG courses.
- For PG courses, candidates can fill their application form till June 2020.
- Take a printout of the application form.
- Keep the printout safe for other admission procedures.
DU Application Form 2020 Important Dates
We have shared the Important events and dates for admission in Delhi University for academic year 2020-21:
|Release of DU Admission Form 2020||20th June, 2020 (10:00 AM)|
|Last Date to Apply Online||04th July, 2020 (5:00 PM)|
|Updation Of Class 12th Marks||31st July to 09th August, 2020|
|DU First Cutoff 2020||Between August 11 (10 am) and August 14 (4 pm)|
|DU Second Cutoff 2020||Between August 18 (10 am) to August 20 (4 pm)|
|DU Third Cutoff 2020||Between August 23 (10 am) to August 25 (4 pm)|
|DU Fourth Cutoff 2020||Between August 28 (10 am) to August 31 (4 pm)|
|DU Fifth Cutoff 2020||Between September 3 (10 am) to September 5 (4 pm)|
|DU Special cut off 2020||Between September 8 (10 am) to September 9 (4 pm)|
DU Eligibility Criteria 2020
The candidates meeting the eligibility criteria can only fill the DU application form. Find below the eligibility criteria for DU 2020 UG courses of the university-
- The candidates must have passed 10+2 from a recognized board.
- The candidates must secure the minimum marks in the relevant subject to apply for admission in the university.
- Final year candidates can also apply.
Delhi University UG Admission 2020: Merit Based
Here is the table that lists the DU Eligibility Criteria for BA/B.Sc/B.Com:
|Course Name||Specialisation||Eligibility Criteria|
|BA||General||Candidates must have passed Class 12 with at least 40% marks.|
|BA (Hons)||French, German, Italian, and Spanish||Candidates must have passed Class 12 with at least 45% marks.|
|BA (Hons)||Arabic, Bengali, Hindi, Persian, Punjabi, Urdu, Sanskrit, Hindi Patrakarita||Candidates must have passed Class 12 with at least 45% marks.
Passed with 40% marks in the aggregate and 50% marks in the subject concerned.
|BA (Hons)||Journalism||Candidates must have passed Class 12 with at least 45% marks and studied English language in qualifying examination.|
|B.Com||General||Candidates must have passed Class 12 with at least 40% marks|
|Honours||Candidates must have passed Class 12 with at least 45% marks. Candidate must have passed Mathematics/Business Mathematics at the qualifying examination|
Delhi University Admission Form 2020 Documents
The candidates need to keep the below-mentioned details ready before filling the DU 2020 application form:
- Scanned images of signature in the prescribed dimensions
- Scanned images of passport-sized candidate’s photograph
- SC/ST/OBC/EWS/CW/KM Certificate.
- OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) Certificate
- EWS Certificate from competent authority certifying the applicant can claim reservation under this category
- Credit Card/Debit Card/Net Banking details
- Correct spelling of Father’s and Mother’s names
- Class X and Class XII details (Marksheet or Certificate)
- Aadhaar Number
- A valid Mobile Number
- A valid Email ID
How to Fill DU Application Form 2020?
The officials will release the application form for DU admission 2020 via online mode. The aspirants who want admission in UG programs of the university must check the eligibility criteria before DU registration.
The last date to submit the application form will be notified soon. Here we have shared the steps to fill the DU 2020 application form-
DU Registration 2020
The DU registration process will be done from the official website of the university – du.ac.in. The candidates will need to fill the below-mentioned details for the DU 2020 registration:
- Class XII passing year
- Class XII Roll Number
- Candidate’s CBSE School Code
- Applicant’s full name
- Candidate’s Email ID
- Enter Password
- Candidate’s mobile number
Filling of DU 2020 Admission Application form
After completing DU registration 2020, candidates will get access to the application form. Aspirants need to fill the below-mentioned details in the DU application form 2020:
- Personal Details (Candidate’s name, Date of Birth, Email ID, Candidate’s Aadhar Card Number,
- Category, Mobile Number etc.)
- Family Details (Mother’s name and her occupation, Father’s name and his occupation)
- Ward Quota Details (University of Delhi Ward Quota)
- Other Category/Quota Details
- Bank Details for Refund
- Board of education
- Result Status
- Board Roll Number
- Year of Passing
- Subjects that were taken in the boards
- Maximum marks
- Practical Marks (if any)
- Name of school last attended
- Type of school
- School Location
- Medium of study
The aspirants need to provide the preferred courses in this section. The DU admission to the courses will be based on the merit-based criteria.
This section includes the list of courses in which the admission is conducted via the entrance test. The aspirants will also get to choose their preferred examination centre.
The aspirants wishing to apply for Sports/ECA quota can come to this section and fill the details accordingly.
Uploading of Documents
The candidates need to upload the below-mentioned documents as per the given specifications:
|Photograph||10 KB – 50 KB|
|Signature||10 KB – 50 KB|
|Self attested Class 10th marksheet/ certificate||100 KB – 500 KB|
|Class 12 marksheet||10 KB – 50 KB|
|Self attested category (SC/ST/OBC/PWD/KM/CW) certificate||10 KB – 50 KB|
|OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) Certificate||10 KB – 50 KB|
|EWS Certificate||10 KB – 50 KB|
|Self-attested copies of Sports/ ECA certificates||10 KB – 50 KB|
Note – The candidates need to upload all the documents in jpg/jpeg/png format.
- Also, Check – Bihar Graduation Admission 2020 Online Form Apply OFSS
Delhi University Admission Application Fee 2020
The candidates will need to pay a non-refundable application fee via any of the online payment mode. The aspirants must secure the payment receipt for the future reference. Find below the application fee structure for all categories:
Application Fee Category wise
|UR/ OBC||Rs. 250|
|Additional registration fee for each entrance-based course for UR/OBC||Rs.750|
|Additional registration fee for each entrance-based course for SC/ST/PWD/EWS||Rs.300|
Note – In case the candidate does not receive the confirmation mail, he or she is advised to check the spam folder or click on ‘resend confirmation mail’ in the login window.
Once the payment of fee is done, candidates can take printout of the application and keep it safe for future use.
DU Application Form 2020 – Retrieve Password
In case the aspirant forgets the login password, he or she can retrieve with the below-mentioned steps:
- Visit the official website of the University of Delhi- www.du.ac.in.
- Open the login window.
- Click on ‘Forgot Password’.
- Enter the registered email ID and click on ‘Send OTP’.
- The officials will send an OTP to reset the password.
- Enter the received OTP and choose a new password.
- Click on ‘Submit OTP’.
DU Admission Application Form – Important Instructions
The candidates must keep the below-mentioned guidelines in mind while filling the DU admission form 2020:
- The DU application form date will be different for Jesus and Mary College and St. Stephen’s College than the remaining Delhi University affiliated colleges.
- The candidates should have “passed” individually in each subject required for calculating merit and eligibility to the relevant course.
- The officials will accept the DU application form only after the successful remittance of the application fee.
- Candidates wish to apply for both merit and entrance based admission will be required to fill only a single application form.
- The aspirants must complete the eligibility criteria specified by the authority for applying for the entrance test.
- Incomplete or incorrect details will lead to rejection of the DU admission form.
How to choose the best four subjects for DU Admission?
Candidates have to select the best of four subject to calculate their percentage and fill in the application form to apply for DU admission 2020. The criteria to select the best four subject is given below:
- 1st Subject: A language paper (core/elective/functional).
- 2nd Subject: Relevant to the choice of course applied for.
- 3rd and 4th Subject: They can be any core/ elective.
Which are the best four subjects in DU admission?
Best four means that your top 4 subjects in which you scored highest will be evaluated. For eg. When I took admission, my best four were: English, Chemistry, Biology and Physical Ed. But the cutoff is according to the main subjects of consideration which in my case were Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
Top 10 DU Courses and Programmes
We have shared a list of top 10 DU Programmes and Courses according to Interests of last year (2019) applicants numbers:
|S. No.||Programmes||No. Of Applicants|
|1||B.A. (Hons.) English||142970|
|2||B.A. (Hons.) Political Science||130240|
|4||B.A. (Hons.) Economics||124538|
|5||B.A. (Hons.) History||120590|
|6||B.A. (Hons.) Psychology||112312|
|7||B.A. (Hons.) Journalism||112233|
|8||B.A. (Hons.) Sociology||111933|
|9||B.A. (Hons.) Geography||110102|
Top 10 Delhi University Colleges
Here is the list of top 10 colleges which you should target for admission in Delhi University:
- Stephen’s College
- Shri Ram College Of Commerce
- Hansraj College
- Hindu College
- Miranda House
- Lady Shri Ram College
- Kirorimal College
- Ramjas College
- Sri Venkateswara College
- Indraprastha College For Women
You can join our All In One Preparation Group and join us on Telegram and like our Facebook Page to get notified on latest exam updates and materials. For discussion join SSC GROUP and Railway Group.
DU Admission Form 2020 FAQs
Are DU forms out for 2020?
Ans. – For UG & PG courses, candidates will be able to fill the online application form from 20th June 2020.
What is the last date of DU admission 2020?
Ans. – The last date to apply online for DU admission 2020 is 04th July 2020.
How do you find the best 4 percent?
Ans. – All subjects to be included in the calculation of ‘Best Four’ must have at least 70% theory component of examination.
What is the minimum percentage required for DU?
Ans. – Minimum qualification is 12th passed/appearing with 75% aggregate of best four including 85% in English for general category. A general candidate should have Minimum 60% in four subjects (including mathematics), 54% for OBC, and passing marks are required for SC/ST.
Conclusion: We hope this detailed article on DU Admission 2020 will be helpful and Informative for you. If you have any doubt then please let us know in the comment section. Students can fill the DU Admission Application Form 2020 from 20th June 2020. For further updates stay connected with examstocks.com. Thanks.
|Get the Latest Updates On Mobile||Click and Join Now|
|Join WhatsApp Group||Join Telegram Channel|