Free Online Courses & Learning Resources For All students: India has been locked down till 03rd May 2020. All school, colleges, universities, coaching centers and educational Institutes are closed due to COVID-19 pandemic lockdown. To help you In this situation we are sharing a list of Free Online Courses & Learning Resources For All students.
There are many online education websites offering their content for free now and students who are sitting at home can make full use of free online courses during lockdown.
Free Online Courses & Learning Resources Released
|Article Name||Free Online Courses & Learning Resources For All students|
|Important For||All Students|
|Issued By||University Grant Commission (UGC)|
|Total Courses & Resources||10+|
Free Online Courses In India By Government
University Grant Commission (UGC) of India has requested students to use their online education websites to study for free during the Coronavirus lockdown. Here are the HRD Ministry initiatives that can teach you for free!
There are several ICT initiatives of the Ministry Of Human Resources & Development, UGC and its Inter-University Centres (IUCs) – Information and Library Network (INFLIBNET) and Consortium for Educational Communication (CEC), in the form of digital platforms.
These digital platforms can be accessed by the teachers, students, and researchers in Universities and Colleges for learning.
These ICT initiatives, which cover a broad range of subjects and courses, have been prepared by experts for providing an excellent learning experience to all.
About University Grants Commission (UGC)
The University Grants Commission (UGC) came into existence on 28th December, 1953 and became a statutory Organization of the Government of India by an Act of Parliament in 1956, for the coordination,determination and maintenance of standards of teaching, examination and research in university education.
Online Courses Offered By HRD Ministry
Here is a list of 10 online learning websites and resource provided by the HRD Ministry to study for free during the Coronavirus lockdown:
1. SWAYAM Online Courses
SWAYAM is a programme initiated by Government of India and designed to achieve the three cardinal principles of Education Policy viz., access, equity and quality.
SWAYAM Online Courses provides access to teaching-learning resources. These resources were earlier delivered on the SWAYAM platform. Students or learners who registered on SWAYAM (swayam.gov.in) in the January 2020 semester can continue their learning as usual.
2. UG/PG MOOCs
UG/PG MOOCs hosts learning material of the SWAYAM UG and PG ( Non-Technology ) archived courses.
3. e-PG Pathshala
e-PG Pathshala is an initiative of the MHRD under its National Mission on Education through ICT (NME-ICT) being executed by the UGC.
The content and its quality being the key component of education system, high quality, curriculum-based, interactive e-content in 70 subjects across all disciplines of social sciences, arts, fine arts and humanities, natural & mathematical sciences.
e-PG Pathshala hosts high quality, curriculum-based, interactive e-content containing 23,000 modules (e-text and video) in 70 Post Graduate disciplines of social sciences, arts, fine arts and humanities, natural & mathematical sciences.
4. e-Content courseware in UG subjects
e-Content courseware in 87 Undergraduate courses with about 24,110 e-content modules is available on the CEC website at http://cec.nic.in/.
Swayamprabha is a group of 32 DTH channels providing high-quality educational curriculum-based course contents covering diverse disciplines such as arts, science, commerce, performing arts, social sciences and humanities subjects, engineering, technology, law, medicine, agriculture, etc to all teachers, students and citizens across the country interested in lifelong learning.
These channels are free to air and can also be accessed through your cable operator. The telecasted videos/lectures are also as archived videos on the Swayamprabha portal.
6. CEC-UGC YouTube channel
CEC-UGC YouTube channel provides access to unlimited educational curriculum based lectures absolutely free.
7. National Digital Library
National Digital Library is a digital repository of a vast amount of academic content in different formats and provides interface support for leading Indian languages for all academic levels including researchers and life-long learners, all disciplines, all popular form of access devices and differently-abled learners.
Shodhganga is a digital repository platform of 2, 60,000 Indian Electronic Theses and Dissertations for research students to deposit their Ph.D. theses and make it available to the entire scholarly community in open access.
9. e-Shodh Sindhu
e-Shodh Sindhu provides current as well as archival access to more than 15,000 core and peer-reviewed journals and a number of bibliographic, citation and factual databases in different disciplines from a large number of publishers and aggregators to its member institutions including centrally-funded technical institutions, universities and colleges that are covered under 12(B) and 2(f) Sections of the UGC Act.
Vidwan is a database of experts which provides information about experts to peers, prospective collaborators, funding agencies policymakers and research scholar in the country.
Faculty members are requested to register on the Vidwan portal to help expand the database of experts.
Also, Read – Google Doodle Shows Thank You Coronavirus Helpers
Benefits Of Online Courses
An online course is preferred by individuals who may not be able to make it for classes in a traditional brick and mortar kind of college due to various reasons. Below we’ll examine some of the benefits this exciting education provides to such students.
- Flexibility: Students have the freedom to juggle their careers and school because they aren’t tied down to a fixed schedule. In a traditional classroom setting, class meeting times are set, and the student has no power over this, forcing them to work their schedules around these dates.
- Reduced Costs: Online education can cost less due to a variety of reasons. For example, there is no cost for commuting. Assorted costs that are related to transport, such as fuel, parking, car maintenance, and public transportation costs don’t affect the online student.
- Networking Opportunities: Online education also provides students with the chance to network with peers across nations or even different continents. This often leads to other opportunities in terms of collaboration with other individuals in the implementation of a project.
- Documentation: All the information that you will need will be safely stored in an online database. This includes things like live discussion documents, training materials and emails.This means that if there’s ever anything that needs to be clarified, the student will be able to access these documents fast, saving valuable time.This is especially useful for individuals that need to carry out research for a project and submit their findings to a panel.
- Increased Instructor – Student Time: Students in traditional classrooms may not get the personalized attention they need to have concepts clarified. Although class sizes are small at CCA, most colleges have classes of students that number in the hundreds.This is not a problem for this type of education because online guided discussions and personal talk time with their professors and lecturers is a hallmark of online classes. This increases the chances of a student performing well due to the time their instructors give them.This also enhances their problem-solving and communication skills, as well as knowing how to defend their arguments to superiors if needed.
- Access to Expertise: An online college education might give students access to specialized degree courses that may not be available in an easily accessible or local institution of learning.For example, at CCA you can pursue a degree in Marketing or a certificate in C++ Programming without having to live near the institution. Online classes allow the sharing of expertise that helps more people have access to education that is not readily available in certain geographic locations.
Free Online Courses & Learning Resources FAQs
Where can I get free online courses?
Ans. – Ministry Of Human Resources & Development has provided a list of free online courses & rescources. You can check here.
Can online courses get you a job?
Ans. – Yes, it is possible to get a job using online courses. Online courses are sometimes better than the traditional course and even better when both of them work parallel.
Does online courses have value?
Ans. – Well, the answer to your question depends upon the institute and the program. With the development of internet and technology, now you will find end number of online courses that offer many learning courses.
What are the online courses available in India?
Ans. – Here we have listed some of online courses available In India which you can take.
Conclusion: This type of education has grown over the last few years and has experienced mainstream acceptance. With an online class, you get to control your learning environment, which ultimately helps you develop a deeper understanding of your degree course.
It also provides individuals an opportunity to finish a degree they might have started and were unable to continue with for one reason or another. The future of online degree education looks promising, and opens up education to a larger section of the population than ever before.