Lockdown Due To COVID-19 Important Instructions & Essential Services: Indian Prime Minister announced a total lockdown of 21 days in the country on 08:00 pm (IST) 24th March 2020, Tuesday. Here are the list of Important Instructions that you have to follow and Essential Services that will remain operational.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi also said people need not panic about availability of essential commodities and medicines during the 21-day nationwide lockdown as the Centre and various state governments will work together to ensure this. Ministry of Home Affairs shared a comprehensive list of essential services that will remain operational during the nationwide lockdown.
Lockdown Important Instructions & Essential Services List Released
|Article Name||Lockdown Due To COVID-19 Important Instructions & Essential Services|
|Indian Lockdown Period 2020||21 Days|
|Announced By||Prime Minister Of India|
|List Contains||Important Instructions & Essential Services|
|Shared By||Ministry of Home Affairs|
|Amount Allocated By Central Government||15,000 crore|
|Indian Lockdown Date 2020||25th March to 14th April 2020|
|Source||Government Of India|
Lockdown Due To COVID-19 Important Instructions & Guidelines
Guidelines on the measures to be taken by Ministries/ Departments Of Government of India, State/Union Territory Governments and State/ Union Territory Authorities for containment of COVID-19 Epidemic in the Country.
1. Offices Of the Government Of India, its Autonomous/ Subordinate Offices and Public Corporations shall remain closed.
Exceptions: Defence, central armed police forces, treasury, public utilities (including petroleum, CNG, LPG, PNG), disaster management, power generation and transmission units, post offices, National Informatics Centre, Early Warning Agencies.
2. Offices of the State/ Union Territory Governments, their Autonomous Bodies, Corporations, etc. shall remain closed.
Exceptions: Police, home guards, civil defence, fire and emergency services, disaster management, and prisons. District administration and Treasury Electricity, water, sanitation Municipal bodies—Only staff required for essential services like sanitation, personnel related to water supply etc
The above offices (Sl. No 1 & 2) should work with minimum number Of employees. All other offices may continue to work-from-home only.
3. Hospitals and all related medical establishments, including their manufacturing and distribution units, both in public and private sector, such as dispensaries, chemist and medical equipment shops, laboratories, clinics, nursing homes, ambulance etc. will continue to remain functional. The transportation for all medical personnel, nurses, para-medical staff, other hospital support services be permitted.
4.Commercial and private establishments shall be closed down.
Exceptions: Shops, including ration shops (under PDS), dealing with food, groceries, fruits and vegetables, dairy and milk booths, meat and fish, animal fodder. However, district authorities may encourage and facilitate home delivery to minimize the movement of individuals outside their homes. Banks, insurance offices, and ATMs.
Print and electronic media Telecommunications, internet services, broadcasting and cable services. IT and IT enabled Services only (for essential services) and as far as possible to work from home. Delivery of all essential goods including food, pharmaceuticals, medical equipment through E-commerce.
5. Industrial Establishments will remain closed.
a. Manufacturing units of essential commodities
b. Production units, which require continuous process after obtaining required permission from the state government
6. All transport services air. rail, roadways will remain suspended.
a. Transportation for essential goods only b. Fire, law and order and emergency services.
7. Hospitality Services to remain suspended
Hotels, homestays, lodges and motels. which are accommodating tourists and persons stranded due to lockdown, medical and emergency staff, air and sea crew, b. Establishments used! earmarked for quarantine facilities.
8. All educational, training, research. coaching institutions etc. shall remain closed.
9. All places of worship shall be closed for public. No religious congregations will be permitted, without any exception.
0. All social, political, sports, entertainment, academic, cultural, religious functions/ gatherings shall be barred.
11. In case of funerals, congregation of not more than twenty persons will be permitted.
12. All persons who have arrived into India after 15.02.2020. and all such persons who have been directed by health care personnel to remain under strict home/ institutional quarantine for a period as decided by local Health Authorities, failing which they will be liable to legal action under Sec. 188 oi the IPC.
13. Wherever exceptions to above containment measures have been allowed. the organisations/employers must ensure necessary precautions against COVID 19 virus, as well as social distance measures, as advised by the Health Department from time to time.
14.An order to implement these containment measures, the District Magistrate will deploy Executive Magistrates as Incident Commanders in the respective local jurisdictions. The Incident Commander will be responsible for the overall implementation of these measures in their respective jurisdictions.
All other line department officials in the specified area will work under the directions of such incident commander. The Incident Commander will issue passes for enabling essential movements as explained.
15. All enforcing authorities to note that these strict restrictions fundamentally relate to movement of people, but not to that of essential goods.
16. The Incident Commanders will in particular ensure that all efforts for mobilisation of resources, workers and material for augmentation and expansion of hospital infrastructure shall continue without any hindrance.
17. Any person violating these containment measures will be liable to be proceeded against as per the provisions of Section 51-60 of the Disaster Management Act, 2005, besides legal action under Section 188 of the IPC (as per appendix).
18. The above containment measures will remain in force, in all parts of the country, for a period of 21 days with effect from 25.03.2020.
List Of Essential Services Which Will Remain Open During Nationwide Lockdown
Here we have shared the list of essential services which will remain operational during the Nationwide Lockdown of 21 days due to COVID-19:
- Shops: Ration shops dealing with food, groceries, fruits and vegetables, dairy and milk booths, meat and fish, animal fodder. (District authorities may encourage and facilitate home delivery to minimise the movement of individuals outside their homes)
- Financial services: Banks, insurance offices and ATMs.
- Media: Print and electronic media.
- Communications: Telecommunications, internet services, broadcasting and cable services. IT and IT-enabled services only essential services – work from home as much as possible.
- Delivery of all essential goods including food, pharmaceuticals, medical equipment through e-commerce.
- Petrol pumps, LPG and petroleum and gas retail and storage outlets.
- Power generation, transmission and distribution units and services.
- Capital and debt market services as notified by SEBI.
- Cold storage and warehousing services.
- Private security services.
Curfew Like Lockdown: Narendra Modi In His Speech
The Prime Minister said in his speech that:
“It is extremely important for you to abide by the instructions and advice given by the Central and State Governments and the medical fraternity.
I request you not to take any medication without consulting doctors if you are showing any symptoms of this infection. Any sort of medical experiment can put your life to great risk.
Friends, I am confident that every Indian will abide by the instructions of the Government and local authorities during this crucial hour.
21 days of lockdown is a long time, but it is equally essential for your safety and that of your family.
I am confident that every Indian will not only successfully fight this difficult situation but also emerge victorious.
Take care of yourself and your loved ones.
Here we attached the video of Complete speech delivered by Prime Minister Of India on Nationwide Lockdown for 21 days.
Latest Update – UP Postal Circle Recruitment 2020 Apply Online
Conclusion: Team Examstocks would like to request all of our readers to stay home and stay home during the Nationwide Lockdown of 21 days. We would like to suggest you to study online from your home and share this awareness with your friends and family members through social media. Stay Home, Stay Safe & Support Lockdown.