National Recruitment Agency To Conduct CET For Jobs Important Points: Union Cabinet has approved National Recruitment Agency (NRA), a multi agency body to conduct preliminary exams for jobs notified by 20 government organisations. In the first phase it will conduct exams for only three organisations SSC, RRB and IBPS.
The Preliminary exam for all non-gazetted posts will be common from now on and candidates qualifying the common eligibility test will be eligible to apply for the higher level of examination. The test scores will be valid for a period of three years and there will be no bar in the number of attempts by a candidate.
Around 2.5 crore aspirants appear for various recruitment exams every year to get selected for around 1.25 lakh government jobs. In this article you will get all Important points related to National Recruitment Agency (NRA) and Common Eligibility Test (CET).
National Recruitment Agency To Conduct CET For Jobs
|Name Of Exam||Common Eligibility Test (CET)|
|Name Of Organization||National Recruitment Agency (NRA)|
|Exams Covered||Prelims Exam Of SSC, IBPS, RRB|
|Agency Type||Multi Agency Body|
|CET Exam Mode||Computer Based Mode|
|Exam Centers||Atleast One Center In Every District|
|Number Of Attempts||Unlimited (Till the age limit)|
|Official Site||To be launched soon*|
What is the National Recruitment Agency and How It Works?
- NRA full form – National Recruitment Agency
- CET full form – Common Eligibility Test
National Recruitment Agency (NRA), a multi-agency body will conduct a Common Eligibility Test (CET) to screen/shortlist candidates for the Group B and C (non-technical) posts. NRA will have representatives of Ministry of Railways, Ministry of Finance/Department of Financial Services, the SSC, RRB & IBPS.
It would conduct a single computer-based examination from 2021. Candidates would be required to apply through a common portal and prepare from a common syllabus. NRA willll conduct a separate CET each for the three levels of graduate, higher secondary (12th pass) and the matriculation (10th pass).
The exam will be held twice a year as of now. The CET score of the candidate will be valid for a period of three years from the date of declaration of the result.
The CET would be available in a number of languages. For the CET, examination centres will be allotted in every district. Special focus will be on creating examination infrastructure in the 117 aspirational districts.
NRA is aimed at reducing the burden on candidates to appear for multiple examinations.
List of Exams To Be Conducted By NRA
The National Recruitment Agency will initially conduct Common Eligibility Test for preliminary exams of 3 agencies namely:
- Staff Selection Commission (SSC),
- Railway Recruitment Board (RRB),
- Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS).
Here we have listed some of the exams which will be conducted by National Recruitment Agency through Common Eligibility Test:
- SSC Multi Tasking Staff Tier I Exam
- SSC CHSL Tier I Exam
- SSC Stenographer Tier I Exam
- RRB NTPC Tier I Exam
- RRB Group D Exam
- SSC JHT Exam
- RRC Group D Exam
- SSC CGL Tier 1 Exam
- SSC CPO Tier 1 Exam
- SSC GD Constable Exam
- IBPS RRB PO Prelims Exam
- IBPS RRB Clerk Prelims Exam
- All other tier I exams of SSC, RRB & IBPS
Common Eligibility Test By NRA: Exam Pattern & Guidelines
Some of the points regarding CET guidelines highlighted by the Department of Personnel & training includes:
- A standard curriculum will be followed for the CET along with a standard degree of difficulty level.
- The exam will be available in 12 multiple Indian languages.
- CET score will act as a preliminary score and the final selection will be made through separate Tier 2/Tier 3 examinations to be conducted by the respective recruitment agencies.
- CET score will be valid for 3 years and the best score during the 3 years will be taken into consideration.
- No restriction on the number of attempts by the candidate.
- Age relaxation for SC/ST and OBC candidates as per existing rules will apply.
- Mock tests will be held for candidates from rural areas.
- Candidates can schedule tests and choose the exam centre of their choice.
- CET scores can be shared with the Central Govt, State govt, UTs, PSUs and private sector.
- CET will be conducted at over 1000 centres and every district will have at least one exam centre.
- Candidates would have the facility of registering on a common portal and give a choice of centres.
- There will be 24X7 helpline facility and a grievance reddressal portal.
Advantages Of CET By NRA
Advantages for students
- Removes the hassle of appearing in multiple examinations.
- Single examination fee would reduce financial burden that multiple exams imposed.
- Since exams will be held in every district, it would substantially save travel and lodging cost for the candidates. Examination in their own district would encourage more and more women candidates also to apply for government jobs.
- Applicants are required to register on a single Registration portal.
- No need to worry about clashing of examination dates.
Advantages for Institutions
- Removes the hassle of conducting preliminary / screening test of candidates.
- Drastically reduces the recruitment cycle.
- Brings standardization in examination pattern.
- Reduces costs for different recruiting agencies. Rs 600 crore savings expected.
|National Recruitment Agency Common Eligibility Test PDF||Download|
|Press Release By Government Of India||Read Here|
|Exam Pattern & Syllabus||To be released soon|
|Official Website||To be launched soon|
You can join our All In One Preparation Group and join us on Telegram and like our Facebook Page to get notified on latest exam updates and materials. For discussion join SSC GROUP and Railway Group.
- UPSC CAPF Recruitment 2020 Apply Online Here
- Northeast Frontier Railway Bharti 2020 Apply Online for 4499 Posts
- SSB Constable Tradesman Recruitment 2020 Apply Online For 1522 Posts
- Bihar Police Sub Inspector & Sergeant Recruitment 2020 Apply Online
- AIIMS Nursing Officer Recruitment 2020 Apply Online For 3803 Vacancies
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the full form of NRA?
Ans. – NRA stands for National Recruitment Agency.
What is the full form of CET?
Ans. – CET stands for Common Eligibility Test.
From which year NRA will conduct Common Eligibility Test?
Ans. – NRA will conduct Common Eligibility Test from 2021.
How many times CET will be conducted in one year?
Ans. – As of now CET will be organized twice a year.
Conclusion: A single eligibility test would significantly reduce the recruitment cycle. This would also help organizations in saving costs and time spent on recruitment.
This would greatly ease the burden of candidates who are at present required to prepare for each of the examinations separately as per different curriculum. Tell us your thoughts on this in the “Comment” section.
1 thought on “National Recruitment Agency To Conduct CET For Jobs Important Points”
I am interesting