NTSE stands for National Talent Search Scholarship. National Council of Educational Research and Training has released an official notification for NTSE Scholarship 2019-20 Online Application Form. Go through this post to get complete details about NTSE Scholarship 2020.
About NTSE – The National Talent Search Examination (NTSE) is one of the most competitive exams in India. NTSE Scholarship is a prestigious scholarship program for students of Class 10 from all over the country. The National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT) conducts the exam every year and 1000 meritorious students are selected for the NTSE scholarship.
NTSE Scholarship 2019-20 Online Application Form
As mentioned above, the NTSE scholars are provided with monetary support by the Central Government all through their education. Highlights of National Talent Search Examination as follows :
Highlights of National Talent Search Examination
|Exam Level||National Level|
|Class level||Class 10th|
|Scholarship level||Up to Ph. D. level|
|Exam Mode||Offline examination|
|Exam Papers||Mental Aptitude Test (MAT)
Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT)
|Test Duration||120 minutes for each paper (MAT & SAT) at each level i.e. a total of 240 minutes. (same for both the stages)|
|Total Exam Centers||For NTSE Stage I exam – In all 29 states and 7 UTs
For NTSE Stage II – 35 exam cities
|Registration dates||Registration began in August 2018 and the last date of application is notified by respective State/UT separately|
|Exam dates for NTSE Stage I exam 2019-20||
|Exam date for NTSE Stage 2 exam 2020||May 10, 2020, for all states and UTs|
|Exam Helpline for NTSE Stage II examination only||Phone number – 011-26560464
e-mail – firstname.lastname@example.org
NTSE 2020 Eligibility Criteria for NTSE Stage I exam (state level) –
Candidates need to fulfil the eligibility criteria for NTSE Stage 1 exam 2020 as mentioned below:
- Candidates currently studying in Class 10thfrom any recognized Private/Government schools including Kendriya Vidyalaya, Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya, and Sainik Schools can apply.
- The candidates can appear in their respective state/UT’s NTSE stage I exam, although there is no domicile restriction.
- The SCERT of respective state/UTs may mention any additional criteria for stage I exam such as minimum qualifying marks in the previous class.
- Moreover, candidates who are completing their education from Open and Distance Learning (ODL) such as National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) or state Open boards are also eligible to apply and appear for NTSE 2020.
- The candidates studying from Open and Distance Learning must not be less than 18 years of age at the time of appearing in the scholarship exam. Moreover, they should not be employed (not even part-time jobs) and they should be appearing in Class 10thqualifying examination for the first time.
NTSE Eligibiility 2020 : General Requirements for awarding NTSE Scholarships –
- The candidate should pursue only the approved courses in Science, Social Sciences, Engineering and Medical streams only. The candidate should be willing to pursue higher education in India only
- The candidates should be certified as maintaining good conduct at their school and should continue their higher education
- They should not be absent from school without proper leave or informing the school authorities
- The candidates should be a full-time student and should not be working anywhere or getting salary/stipend.
- If the candidate is getting scholarship under any other scheme as well then, he/she should decide which scholarship scheme he/she wants to continue with.
- If any candidate is getting any other scholarship then, his/her NTS Scholarship will be stopped for that year and can be continued only after he/she requests NCERT for resuming the scholarship; they have to discontinue benefits from other scholarship schemes.
- The candidates getting fee waivers/ one-time grant/fee subsidy and accommodation are eligible for NTSE Scholarship
- If any candidate drops studies or discontinues his/her education within one year of admission, then no scholarship will be awarded to him/her.
- The candidates should pass in all subjects of their course in first attempt only and if they fail in any of the core subject his/her scholarship will be cancelled.
Also Check – EWS Certificate Form Download PDF Available Now
Students registered under Open and Distance Learning (ODL) are also eligible for scholarship provided the students are below the age of 18 years (as on 1st July of that particular year) the students is not employed and they are appearing in class X for the first time.
Date for submission of online application form and conduct of examination are given below :
|Stage I (state)||Last Date For Submission Of Application Form||To be notified later|
|Examination in Mizoram, Meghalaya, Nagaland and Andaman and Nicobar Islands||02nd November 2019|
|Examination in All other states and Union Territories except above & below mentioned 9 states/UTs||03rd November 2019|
|Bihar, Jharkhand, West Bengal, NCT Of Delhi and Jammu and Kashmir||17th November 2019|
|Stage II (National)||Examination in All States and Union Territories||10th May 2020|
State-wise NTSE Application Form 2020
|State||NTSE application form link||Last date to apply||State-quota|
|Haryana||To be released on August 14, 2019||September 25, 2019||186|
|Andhra Pradesh||Click Here||September 5, 2019||263|
|Odisha||Click Here||August 25, 2019||259|
|Kerala||To be out in the second week of August||220|
|Telangana||Click Here||August 28, 2019||216|
|Chhattisgarh||Click Here||September 14, 2019||195|
|Chandigarh||Click Here||September 5, 2019||20|
|West Bengal||Click Here||August 31, 2019||569|
other states will be added soon*
NTSE Scholarship Notification 2020
You can download the official NTSE Scholarship Notification 2020 by clicking on the link given below.
NTSE Scholarship : Other Advantages Of Being An NTSE Scholar
Apart from the above-mentioned scholarship that NTSE scholars receive throughout their education, there are other advantages as well. The various advantages of being an NTSE scholar as listed below:
- Preparing for and cracking the NTSE builds confidence to appear for various other competitive exams. In fact, most of the NTSE scholars become top rankers in competitive entrance exams JEE Main, JEE Advanced, NEET, and AIIMS.
- NTSE Scholarship is your gateway to the topmost colleges in India. Many colleges in India have seats reserved for NTSE scholars.
- Students planning to join foreign universities for their higher studies get an edge over other students if they are NTSE scholars.
- NTSE scholars are given higher preference when it comes to jobs, both in private and government sectors.
- NTSE scholars also get preference in selection for NDA.
- Study material and various courses are available at a discounted price for NTSE scholars.