Special Railway Current Affairs 2020 PDF For Competitive Exams: Questions based on latest railway current affairs is always been asked in various competitive exams. Railway Recruitment Board Of India is on of the largest recruiting board or Institution of the world.
Students who are preparing for Railway Exams like RRB NTPC, RRC Group D, RPF SI & Constable, RRB Group D & other exams are searching for Railway Current Affairs PDF. So, In this article we are going to provide you Special Railway Current Affairs 2020 PDF.
Special Railway Current Affairs 2020 PDF Overview
|Article Name||Special Railway Current Affairs 2020 PDF For Competitive Exams|
|Topic Name||Railway Current Affairs|
|Important For||All Competitive Exams|
|Exams Covered||RRB NTPC, RRB Group D, RPF & RRC Group D|
|Months Covered||All Months Of 2020|
|File Size||374 kb|
|Language||Hindi + English|
Latest Railway Current Affairs 2020
Here we have shared the latest railway current affairs 2020 & general knowledge. It will help you in your preparation for Railway Jobs Examination.
You can note down the Important points in your notebook for last minute revision before examinations.
Indian Railways to electrify all broad gauge routes by December 2023 :-
- Indian Railways has planned to electrify a total of 28,810 km of broad gauge route by December 2023.
- As part of its solar mission, it plans to source approximately 1000 megawatt (MW) of solar power & to source around 200 MV of wind power, based on the techno-commercial assessment.
- Out of this power, about 204.82 MW (101.42 MW of solar & 103.4 MW of wind power) is already set up on the network.
- Solar and wind power are renewable energy resources, which is being utilized by the Indian Railways network.
Cabinet approves construction of Aligarh-Harduaganj flyover :-
- The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs, chaired by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi, has given its approval for taking up construction of Aligarh-Harduaganj flyover by the Ministry of Railways.
- The total length of the railway flyover will be 22 kilometer. The project is expected to be completed by 2024-25 at a cost of over Rs. 1285 crore.
- At Aligarh Junction Station a branch line Bareilly-Aligarh terminates. The trains coming from Howrah side and going to Harduaganj/Bareilly cross Howrah-New Delhi main route, which is the busiest section of Indian Railways.
- Due to heavy trac there is no path available for surface crossing of loaded goods trains coming from Howrah side and going to Harduaganj/Bareilly. This results in heavy detention of trains at Aligarh Junction.
- This location has become a bottleneck and is affecting the train working badly causing delays and
detentions and also reducing the wagon turn round.
- Flyover at Aligarh going over the existing Delhi-Howrah main line is an operational necessity and is essentially required to remove the bottleneck to trac movement.
- By construction of flyover connecting Aligarh to Harduaganj the delays and detentions will be avoided.
World’s fastest driverless bullet train launches in China :-
- A new driverless bullet train connecting the Chinese cities of Beijing and Zhangjiakou is capable of reaching a top speed of up to 217mph (350km/h), making it the world’s fastest autonomous train in operation.
- The new service, launched in the build-up to the Beijing 2022 Winter Olympic and Paralympic games, will reduce travel time between the capital and Zhangjiakou, which will stage most of the skiing events, from three hours to less than one.
- Some trains will complete the 108-mile route in 45 minutes.
- The original Beijing-Zhangjiakou line opened in 1909, when the same journey took around eight hours.
- The line, also known as the Jingzhang intercity railway, took four years to complete and has 10 stations, including Badaling Changcheng, for access to the Great Wall of China.
Indian Railways Kalka-Delhi Shatabdi becomes 1st in service train with aircraft-style bio-vacuum toilets :-
- The Northern Railways (NR) zone of the Piyush Goyal-led Railway Ministry has successfully installed the very first aircraft-style bio vacuum toilets in a fully operational train.
- Train number 12005 Kalka-Delhi Shatabdi Express, has become the first such rake with all its coaches consisting of the retrofitted bio-vacuum toilets.
Andhra Pradesh flags off country’s first ‘fruit train :-
- A ‘fruit train’ was flagged off from Tadipatri Railway Station in Andhra Pradesh, carrying a load of 980 metric tonnes of locally grown bananas to the Jawaharlal Nehru Port in Mumbai, from where the consignment will be exported to Iran.
- This is the 1st time in India that an entire train is being sent to the gateway port for export.
- This helps save both time and fuel as 150 trucks would have been required to send a consignment of this size by road to JNPT.
India’s third private train to run on Indore-Varanasi route :-
- The third private train of the IRCTC would run between Indore and Varanasi.
- The overnight train would have the same rakes as those of the Humsafar Express.
- In the last few months, the IRCTC has started operating private trains on two routes – Delhi-Lucknow and Ahmedabad-Mumbai.
- The second privately operated IRCTC’s premium Tejas train, ply between Ahmedabad and Mumbai.
- The first Tejas train ply between Delhi-Lucknow route.
India’s first underwater metro in Kolkata to be finally ready by March 2022 :-
- Kolkata Metro Rail Corp. expects to complete its East-West project, which runs partly under the city’s iconic Hooghly river, by March 2022 after a delay of several years that doubled costs.
- The authority is awaiting a final installment of 200 million rupees ($2.8 million) over the next two years from the Indian Railway Board.
- A soft loan of 41.6 billion rupees from Japan International Cooperation Agency helps fund 48.5% of the project.
- The new line is expected to carry about 900,000 people daily — roughly 20% of the city’s population.
Hyderabad Metro Rail becomes second largest metro network in India :-
- With the launch of another 11-km stretch on, Hyderabad Metro Rail has become the second largest metro rail network in the country after Delhi.
- Telangana Chief Minister K. Chandrashekhar Rao flagged off the metro train on the Green Line stretch from Jubliee Bus Station (JBS) to Mahatma Gandhi Bus Station (MGBS), connecting the twin cities of Hyderabad and Secunderabad.
- Hyderabad Metro Rail, the world’s largest public-private partnership project, is now the second largest operational metro network in the country covering 69.2 kms.
- Hyderabad Metro Rail Project is constructed by LARSEN & TOUBRO.
Paytm & Hyderabad Metro tie up for QR-based tickets :-
- Hyderabad Metro Rail Ltd in partnership with Paytm has launched a QR-code-based metro ticketing system at Rasoolpura metro station Hyderabad, Telangana.
- The new service will enable commuters to travel seamlessly and avoid queues to buy tokens at the metro stations.
- They can now simply purchase a QR ticket on their Paytm app, which can be displayed at the Automatic Fare Collection (AFC) gates to proceed for the journey.
- The feature will help over 14 lakh smartcard holders using the metro service. The company plans to extend the service to metro-feeder buses to ensure last-mile connectivity in the city. The QR-code-based ticket booking on our app will help in reducing congestion at the ticket counters.
All railways recruits to be inducted through UPSC :-
- All new recruits in railways will be inducted through the UPSC civil services exams under five specialities, days after the Cabinet approved the merger of its eight services into one — the Indian Railway Management Service (IRMS).
- Just like aspirants to the Union Public Service Commission, candidates aspiring to get into railways will have to appear for their prelims after which they will indicate their preference for IRMS under five specialities — four of them engineering specialities for ‘technical’ operations comprising of civil, mechanical, telecom and electrical, and one ‘non-technical’ speciality which will recruit ocers for accounts, personnel and trac.
- The first batch will be recruited in 2021, while the new five-member board with merged ocers will be in place by the middle of next year, ocials.
New Him Darshan Express train starts between Kalka and Shimla :-
- The Indian Railways has started the Him Darshan Express train between Kalka and Shimla stations.
- The train has six modern and first-class AC vista-dome coaches with glass rooftop to have a panoramic view of the hilly region.
- A single journey will cost Rs 630 per person and no concession will be allowed on the tickets booked for the glass-train journey.
- The ‘Him Darshan’ train has a seating capacity of over 100 passengers and the bookings are full over the next few days in view of the peak tourist season and New Year being round the corner, the ocial said.
- This will be the first train of the Indian Railways having all vistadome coaches to run on a regular basis on the concept of individual seat charter services through passenger reservation system and other online modes.
Railway Current Affairs Question & Answers PDF
Here we have attached some question and answers based on Railway Current Affairs 2020. These question and answers are totally based on latest exam pattern & syllabus. Try to solve them and note It to your notebooks.
Q) Indian Railways has planned to electrify a total of 28,810 km of broad gauge route by _?
Q) The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs has given its approval for taking up construction of which flyover in Uttar Pradesh by the Ministry of Railways?
Q) Which country has launched the World’s fastest driverless Bullet Train?
Q) Which has become the first train in India to have aircraft-style bio-vacuum toilets?
C.Akal Takht Express
Q) Which state has flagged off the country’s first fruit train?
Q) The third private train of the IRCTC would run between Indore and which city?
Q) India’s first underwater metro in Kolkata will be ready by March ________?
Q) Which Metro Rail has become the country’s second largest operational metro project?
Q) Hyderabad Metro Rail Ltd in partnership with which company has launched a QR-code-based metro ticketing system at Rasoolpura metro station?
Q) The Railway board has now decided that all new recruits in railways will be inducted through __________?
Q) The Indian Railways has started the Him Darshan Express train between Kalka and __________ stations?
Q) Which railway station has been conferred with ‘Eat Right Station’ certification with the five-star rating by FSSAI?
A.Nagpur railway station
B.Bandra railway station
C.Churchgate railway station
D.Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus
Q) Recently an ‘Oxygen Parlour’ was launched at which Railway Station to combat air pollution?
Q) Indian railways has installed the first ever ‘Atmospheric Water Generator’ kiosk named Meghdoot at which railway station?
Q) The shuttle train service between Lahore and Wagah railway station has resumed operation after a gap of how many years?
RRB NTPC Current Affairs 2020 PDF
General Awareness & Current Affairs section of RRB NTPC CBT-1 exam which will be of 40 Marks. RRB is soon going to announce the exam dates and admit cards for NTPC 2019 Exam. So, start practicing the mock tests for RRB NTPC 2019 CBT-1 Exam.
Download Railway Special Current Affairs 2020 PDF
|Previous Year Papers||Download Link|
|RRB NTPC Question Papers PDF||Download|
|RRB ALP Question Papers PDF||Download|
|139+ RRB Group D Question Papers PDF||Download|
|RPF SI Question Papers PDF||Download|
|RPF Constable Question Papers PDF||Download|
|RRB Paramedical Question Papers PDF||Download|
|RRB JE Question Papers PDF||Download|
You can also download the monthly current affairs pdf for RRB NTPC & other competitive exams from ‘Current Affairs‘ section of our blog. You can also access latest current affairs pdf by clicking on the link provided below.
Latest Current Affairs 2020 For Competitive Exams PDF
Railway Current Affairs & GK FAQs
How can I study current affairs for Railway Exams?
Ans. – You can refer monthly compilation/capsules for current affairs by Examstocks.com.
How can I study GK for NTPC?
Ans. – Give 1 hour daily for General Awareness preparation. Start giving Mock Tests. Identify topics you are weak in and again attempt those topics.
How many months are current affairs for RRB NTPC?
Ans. – Basically, its good to have a grip on last 6-8 months of current affairs for RRB NTPC.
From where can I download the latest Railway Current Affairs PDF?
Ans. – You can download the Railway Current Affairs PDF from www.examstocks.com for free.