SSC CGL 2020-21 Short Notice PDF Check Important Details: Staff Selection Commission (SSC) is going to release the notification for SSC CGL 2020-21 recruitment of Combined Graduate Level Group ‘B’ and Group ‘C’ posts in various Ministries/ Departments/ Organizations in the Government of India on its official website i.e. ssc.nic.in.
SSC has recently published SSC CGL 2020-21 Short Notice PDF in weekly Employment News paper. You can check Important Dates, Eligibility, Selection Process, Salary, Exam Pattern, Syllabus, Exam Pattern here.
SSC CGL 2020-21 Short Notice PDF: Overview
|Name Of The Recruitment||SSC CGL Recruitment 2020|
|Name Of The Organization||Staff Selection Commission (SSC)|
|Job Category||Central Government Jobs|
|Job Location||All Across India|
|Starting Date of SSC CGL 2020 Registration||21 December 2020|
|Last Date of SSC CGL 2020 Registration||25 January 2021|
|SSC CGL Tier 1 Exam Date 2021||29 May to 07 June 2021|
SSC CGL Notification Date 2020
As per the official examination calendar released by SSC, the application process of SSC CGL 2020-21 will start from December 21 and the last date to apply for the same will be January 25, 2021.
Further, the commission will conduct the Combined Graduate Level, CGL Tier 1 exam 2020 from May 29, 2021 to June 7, 2021.
- Also, Check – SSC CGL Question Paper 2019 PDF In Hindi & English
Eligibility Criteria For SSC CGL Exam
Educational Qualification As the name of the examination suggests, the candidates applying for the SSC Combined Graduate Level Examination must have a Bachelor’s degree from a recognised institute or University.
SSC CGL Age Limit
The age of the candidate must be between 18 and 32 years. In some jobs, the maximum age may be restricted to 27 years or 30 years.
SC/ST candidates are allowed a relaxation of 5 years in the upper age limit, OBC candidates get relaxation for 3 years, PwD (Persons with Disabilities) from the General category are allowed a relaxation of 10 years. OBC PwD candidates get a relaxation of 13 years and SC/ST PwD candidates get a relaxation of 15 years.
- Also, Check – SSC CGL Tier 2 Question Paper 2019 PDF Of All Shifts
SSC CGL Selection Process 2020-21
The selection will be done on the basis of:
- SSC CGL Tier-I: Computer Based Examination
- SSC CGL Tier-II: Computer Based Examination
- SSC CGL Tier-III: Pen and Paper Mode (Descriptive paper)
- SSC CGL Tier-IV: Computer Proficiency Test/ Data Entry Skill Test (wherever applicable) and Document Verification
Merit list will be prepared on the basis of overall performance of candidates in Tier-I, Tier-II and Tier-III Examinations.
Final selection of candidates, in each category, will be made on the basis of aggregate marks scored by them in „Tier-I, Tier-II and Tier-III examinations‟ and „preference of posts‟ exercised by them.
- Also, Check – SSC CHSL Question Paper 2019 PDF Download
SSC CGL Exam Pattern 2020
|Section||No. of Questions||Marks|
|General Intelligence & Reasoning||25||50|
|English Language and Comprehension||25||50|
- The exam will be of objective type multiple choice questions.
- The exam will be conducted online in CBT mode.
- There is negative marking in of 0.5 marks for each wrong answers.
- Total time duration for the exam is 60 minutes.
SSC CGL Tier 2 Exam Pattern 2020
|Subject||No. of Questions||Max Marks|
|English Language and Comprehension||100||200|
|Statistics (For Junior Statistical Officer – JSO)||100||200|
|General Studies (Finance & Economics) (For Assistant Audit Officer/ Assistant Accounts Officer.)||100||200|
There will be negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer for English Language and Comprehension and of 0.50 marks for each wrong answer for other subjects.
- Also, Check – Latest Current Affairs 2020 For Competitive Exams PDF
SSC CGL Tier 3 – It is a descriptive type of paper and will be conducted on Pen and Paper Mode (Descriptive paper). Candidates will be asked to write Essays/Precis/Letter/Applications writing etc. on English /Hindi in 1 hour. The marks of the paper are 100. This test is qualifying in nature.
SSC CGL Tier 4 – Final Candidates will be given Computer Proficiency Test or Skill Test (wherever applicable) or Document Verification.
Computer Proficiency Test (CPT) will be conducted for the post of Assistant Section Officer of Central Secretariat Service (CSS), Assistant Section Officer (MEA), Assistant in Serious Fraud Investigation Office (SFIO) under the Ministry of Corporate Affairs and Assistant (GSI) in the Ministry of Mines. There will be 3 modules:
- Word Processing,
- Spread Sheet and
- Generation of Slides
Data Entry Speed Test (DEST) will be conducted for the post of Tax Assistants (Central Excise & Income Tax). 8,000 Key Depression per hour on Computer is required.
SSC CGL Syllabus 2020
- General Intelligence and Reasoning – Classification, Analogy, Coding-Decoding, Puzzle, Matrix, Word Formation, Venn Diagram, Direction and Distance, Blood Relations, Series, Verbal reasoning, Non-Verbal Reasoning, Critical Thinking, Emotional & Social Intelligence.
- General Awareness – Static General Knowledge (Indian History, Culture, etc.), Science, Current Affairs, Sports, Books and Authors,Important Schemes, Portfolios, People in News, Computers, Awards and their importance, Geography, Economy, Polity,Population Census.
- Quantitative Aptitude – Simplification, Interest, Averages, Percentage, Ratio and Proportion, Problem on Ages, Speed, Distance and Time,Number System, Mensuration,Data Interpretation, Time and Work, Algebra, Trigonometry, Geometry.
- English Language & Comprehension – Reading Comprehension, Fill in the Blanks, Spellings, Phrases and Idioms,One word Substitution, Sentence Correction, Error Spotting, Synonyms, Antonyms, Idioms & Phrases.
SSC CGL Admit Card 2021
The adnit cards will be uploaded by the Regional/ Sub-Regional Offices of the Commission for appearing in the Computer Based Examination and other stages of the Examination before 3 to 7 days of the conduct of the exam.
Download SSC CGL Recruitment 2020 Short Notice PDF
You can join our All In One Preparation Group and join us on Telegram and like our Facebook Page to get notified on latest exam updates and materials. For discussion join SSC GROUP and Railway Group
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What is SSC CGL Application Fee?
Ans. – Application fee for SSC CGL is Rs. 100/-. ST/SC and female candidates are exempted from fee.
Q. What is the starting date for SSC CGL 2020 Registration?
Ans. – SSC CGL Online application will start from 21 Dec 2020.
Q. What is SSC CGL 2020-2021 Last Date to Apply?
Ans. – Last date to apply online for SSC CGL 2020 recruitment is 25 Jan 2021.
Q. What is SSC CGL Exam Date 2021?
Ans. – SSC CGL Exams 2020-21 will be conducted from 29 May to 07 June 2021.