UGC NET 2022 Registration: UGC chairman Mamidala Jagadesh Kumar announced UGC NET December 2022 Exam Dates. UGC NET Online Registration will start on 29 December 2022 as per UGC NET Notification 2022. UGC NET exam is administered by the National Testing Agency twice a year.
The exam determines the candidate’s qualifications for Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) or Assistant Professor positions in Indian universities and colleges. The UGC NET exam 2023 will be held for a total of 83 subjects.
Table of Contents
UGC NET Notification 2022: Overview
|Exam Name||University Grants Commission National Eligibility Test|
|Exam Conducting Body||National Testing Agency|
|Frequency||Twice a year|
|Exam Mode||Online (CBT)|
|Total Paper and Marks||Paper 1: 100 Marks|
Paper 2: 200 Marks
|Total Questions||150 MCQ (Each Paper)|
|Marking Scheme||+2 for each correct answer|
No Negative Marking
|Time Duration||180 minutes|
|Medium||English and Hindi|
|UGC NET Application Date||29 December 2022|
|Last Date To Apply Online||17 January 2023|
|UGC NET Exam Dates 2023||21 February to 10 March 2023|
UGC NET Eligibility Criteria
Candidates should be well-versed in the UGC NET eligibility criteria and satisfy each requirement. Candidates who intend to take the exam must check the latest UGC NET Eligibility, which includes Educational qualification, Age limit, & Number of attempts.
Candidates can check the educational qualifications eligibility for UGC NET various categories below:
|General||At least 55% marks in Master’s degree OR equivalent in Humanities and Social Science, Computer Science & Applications, Electronic Science|
|SC/ST/OBC||At least 50% in Master’s degree OR equivalent in education domains mentioned for the general category|
|Ph.D. Holders||An additional 5% marks relaxation for candidates who completed the PG program.|
UGC NET age limit is different for JRF and Assistant Professor. The age of candidates applying for JRF must be 31 years, whereas there is no age limit for Assistant Professors.
Check out the age limit for both the post and varied categories below:
|Upper Age Limit/Category||JRF||Assistant Professor|
|Reserved category||31 years||No upper age limit|
|SC/ST/OBC/PwD/Transgender/Women||36 years||No upper age limit|
|L.L.M Degree Holders||34 years||No upper age limit|
- Also, Check – BRO Various Vacancy Offline Form 2023
UGC NET Salary
Assistant Professor Salary and JRF Salary are included in the UGC NET Salary.
UGC NET Salary For Assistant Professor
Candidates can expect a handsome salary in the range of Rs 25000 to 50,000/- initially depending upon the university & the skill of the candidates.
UGC NET JRF Fellowship
- For the 1st two years, the fellowship of INR 31,000/- + HRA per month (depending on different institutes)
- For the next 3 years, the fellowship of INR 35,000/- + HRA per month (depending on different institutes)
UGC NET Exam Pattern
Candidates can check the UGC NET exam pattern for Paper 1 and Paper 2 below:
|Paper 1 (Teaching/Research Aptitude)||50||100|
|Paper 2 (Based on the core subject)||100||200|
- There are no negative marks for an incorrect response.
- For each correct response, the candidate will get 2 marks.
- No marks will be given for questions Unanswered/Marked for Review.
UGC NET Application Fee
The UGC NET 2022 Application Fee varies category-wise:
|Gen-EWS/ OBC-NCL||Rs. 550/-|
|SC/ST/PwD/ Transgender||Rs. 275/-|
Note: Processing charges & Goods and Services Tax (GST) are to be paid by the candidate, as applicable.
- Also, Check – Latest Government Jobs 2023 In India
How to Fill the UGC NET Application Form 2023?
- Step 1: Visit the official website of NTA.
- Step 2: Click on the Registration for UGC NET 2023 Link.
- Step 3: Click on the ‘New Registration‘ button.
- Step 4: Enter your details and fill up the UGC NET online application form.
- Step 5: Once the registration is complete, you will be assigned an application number.
- Step 6: Fill out the application form carefully.
- Step 7: The next step is to pay the fee online.
- Step 8: Print the confirmation page and final application form for future reference.
UGC NET 2023 Application Form Link (to be active soon)
UGC NET 2023 Information Bulletin (to be active soon)
UGC NET Minimum Qualifying Marks
The minimum qualifying marks are calculated in the form of an aggregate score.
|Unreserved category candidates||40% marks|
UGC NET Certificate Validity
The National Testing Agency (NTA) provides e-certificates to successful candidates. Those who pass the Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) exam will receive an award letter, while those who qualify for the Assistant Professor/Lectureship position will receive UGC NET certificates.
These certificates are valid for a lifetime period for Assistant Professor/Lectureship positions. The validity of the JRF certificate has been extended to four years.