UMANG App Download, Registration, Services & Benefits: UMANG app is envisaged to make e-governance ‘mobile first’. UMANG stands for Unified Mobile Application for New-age Governance. UMANG is developed by Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) and National e-Governance Division (NeGD).
In this article you will know What Is UMANG App, How to download UMANG App, UMANG App Registration & Login process and Key services and benefits of UMANG Application. Go through the article for complete details.
|We Recommend Testbook App|
|20+ Free Mocks For RRB NTPC & Group D Exam||Attempt Free Mocks|
|100+ Free Mocks for Banking (IBPS PO, Clerk SEBI, RBI, RRB, SBI PO Exams)||Attempt Free Mocks|
|30+ Free Mocks for IB ACIO, SSC CGL & SSC CHSL Exam||Attempt Free Mocks|
|10+ Free Mocks for UPSC CSE 2021 Exams||Attempt Free Mocks|
UMANG App Download, Registration, Login, Services & Benefits
|Article Name||UMANG App Download, Registration, Services & Benefits|
|Name Of The Application||UMANG App|
|Developed By||Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) and National e-Governance Division (NeGD)|
|UMANG stands for||Unified Mobile Application for New-age Governance|
|Useful For||Pan-India e-Gov services|
|Available For||Android & IOS|
What is UMANG App?
UMANG App, defined as Unified Mobile Application for New-age Governance Application is developed by National e-Governance Division (NeGD) and Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) with the idea of driving mobile governance in India.
The mobile application aims at providing individuals the access to a range of central, state and local government services using only a single platform.
It is an evolving platform designed for citizens of India to offer them access to the pan-India e-Gov services from the Central, State, Local Bodies, and Agencies of government on app, web, SMS, and IVR channels.
How to Download UMANG App for Android & iPhone?
You can download the UMANG App on your mobile phone using the following steps-
- Scan the QR Code provided on the official website.
- Give a missed call on 97183-97183 and Download the app using the link that will be sent to you on your phone.
- Visit the UMANG website and enter your contact number in the required section. You will receive a link on the given number using which you can easily Download the app on your phone.
- You may also visit Google Play Store (in case of Android users) or iTunes App Store (in case of Apple users) and type ‘UMANG app’ to download the application on your phone.
How to Register on UMANG App?
Here we have shared a step by step guide to new user registration on UMANG App:
Step 1. Launch the UMANG App and click on the “Register” option.
Step 2. You will be now redirected to the mobile number verification page. Enter your mobile number in order to generate an OTP to complete the UMANG App registration process.
Step 3. Once you have generated and input the OTP, you will be asked to create an MPIN and once you have set an MPIN, the registration is complete and you can view the UMANG App Home Page.
This page shows a shortlist of recently opened services available through the UMANG App.
How to login UMANG App?
You can log into the UMANG App using various methods as follows:
- You may use the mobile number registered with UMANG App and M-PIN to log in.
- You may log in using the registered mobile number and OTP.
- In case, you have updated your social media account details on the application, you can log in using any of your Facebook, Google+ or Twitter credentials.
Key Features and Benefits of UMANG App
The Umang Application offers the following benefits and features to its users-
- Unified Platform: It brings together all government departments and their services on a single platform to provide better and easier services to citizens.
- Mobile First Strategy: It aligns all government services with the mobile first strategy to leverage mobile adoption trends.
- Integration with Digital India Services: It provides seamless integration with other Digital India Services like Aadhaar, DigiLocker, and PayGov. Any new such service will automatically be integrated with the platform.
- Uniform Experience: It is designed to enable citizens to discover, download, access, and use all government services easily.
- Secure and Scalable: It supports Aadhaar-based and other authentication mechanisms for service access. The sensitive profile data is saved in an encrypted format and no one can view this information.
Key Benefits for Citizens:
- Single-Point Ubiquitous Access: All government services are available for citizens on a unified platform for easy access through multiple online and offline channels (SMS, email, app, and web).
- More for Less: Only a single mobile app needs to be installed instead of each app of each department.
- Convenience: Citizens do not even need to install or update the app again to avail government services if more services are added to the platform.
- Saving of Time and Money: Citizens can anytime and anywhere avail these services through their mobile phones, desktops, and laptops without any need for visiting the department office and standing in queues.
- Uniform Experience: All the government services including payment-based transactions provide secure and uniform experience.
List of Services Available on UMANG App
UMANG provides easy access to a plethora of Indian government services ranging from – Healthcare, Finance, Education, Housing, Energy, Agriculture, Transport to even Utility and Employment and Skills. Given below are a few of them-
|Digilocker||A secure cloud-based platform for storing, sharing and verifying documents/certificates.|
|Aadhaar Card||You can View and/or Download your Aadhaar Card from your Digilocker Account.|
|EPFO||This service on UMANG allows you to monitor your EPF (Employee Provident Fund) Account Balance, EPF Pension Account Balance, etc. using UAN and OTP to registered mobile number.|
|NPS||Logging in to the National Pension System account through UMANG App allows you to check your Tier 1 and Tier 2 Account balances, through PRAN and password|
|Pay Income Tax||This module available through UMANG application allows tax payers to pay their Advance Tax, Self Assessment Tax, etc. using Challan 280. After tax payment, the tax payment challan can also be tracked using the “Track Challan Status” service.|
|Ayushman Bharat||This is National Health Protection Scheme currently being implemented as a Pilot Project to provide primary, secondary and tertiary healthcare network to masses.|
|e-RaktKosh||This UMANG module is designed to provide access to blood banks through greater digitisation and connectivity of blood banks across the country.|
|Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojna||This part of the Government promoted app is designed to provide services that promote financial inclusion across the country.|
|Jeevan Pramaan||The Jeevan Pramaan service is available only to the pensioners allowing them to generate a Life Certificate using mobile handset connected to an external biometric device.|
|Parivahan Sewa – Vahan||At present, this module in UMANG allows you to make payment of commercial road tax if Registration Certificate of the vehicle is updated on Digilocker.|
|Education||It provides various educational services & contents of CBSE, SSC, AICTE, ePathshala, KVS, State Boards & National Scholarship Portal etc.|
It must be noted that the above list of services offered by the government through the UMANG application is not exhaustive. Mentioned above is a list of only a few of the services.
- Also, Install – Aarogya Setu App For Mobile, How To Install & Use?
How to use Umang App Services?
You can avail the services offered by the UMANG app by downloading the application on your mobile phone using any of the either the QR Code on the website, giving a missed call or sending an SMS from your registered mobile number.
While the UMANG App registration/login can be completed using any phone number in India and OTP/password, individual services have to be accessed using credentials specific to that service. For example:
- To access the EPF module, you will need to provide UAN along with OTP sent to your registered mobile number.
- To access NPS in UMANG App, you need to provide PRAN along with password/OTP to registered mobile number.
- To access the Income Tax Payment through UMANG feature, you will have to provide PAN along with key details such as date of birth and so on.
UMANG App Additional Information
|App Name||UMANG App|
|Type||Online service provider App By Government Of India|
|Operating system||Android, iOS, Windows, KaiOS|
|Release Date||November 2017|
|Available In||13 Languages Of India|
|Developer||MeitY, Government Of India|
|Requires Android||4.4 and up|
|Download Link||Android App|
UMANG App Frequently Asked Questions
Does the UMANG App work on iPhones/iPad?
Ans. – Yes UMANG App is available for use through both Android and iPhone.
Are there any charges for using UMANG?
Ans. – No. All government services provided through UMANG App are free of charge.
Can I change my UMANG App Phone Number later on?
Ans. – Yes. You can easily change the UMANG App phone number without the need to change your phone number to access other services. All you need to do is complete registration with the new app to change your UMANG App phone number.
How to access SSC Exams Services on UMANG App?
Ans. – You can access to SSC Exams Updates & Services on UMANG app by Installing It on your mobile device.