UPSC Civil Services Recruitment 2021 Apply Online For 712 Posts: Union Public Service Commission has released UPSC Civil Services Prelims 2021 Notification PDF on 04 March 2021. A total of 712 vacancies of Civil Services and Indian Forest Service have been announced. The online applications for the same will be submitted by 24 March 2021.
It is a very reputed and tough kind of job. The UPSC 2021 notification mentions the eligibility criteria, age limit, important dates, and vacancies. The candidates must check the IAS 2021 notification and read all details mentioned here before filling the IAS applications 2021.
UPSC Civil Services Recruitment 2021: Highlights
|Name Of The Recruitment||UPSC Civil Services Recruitment 2021|
|Job Category||Central Government Job|
|Name Of The Organization||Union Public Service Commission|
|Posts||Indian Administrative Services, Indian Civil Services, Indian Forest Services & Indian Police Services|
|Job Location||All Across India|
|UPSC IAS Notification 2021 Date||04 March 2021|
|Starting date of application||04 March 2021|
|Last date to apply online||24 March 2021|
UPSC CSE Vacancy 2021: Details
The number of vacancies to be filled through the examination is expected to be approximately 712 which include 22 vacancies reserved for Persons with Benchmark Disability Category.
|Reserved for Persons with Benchmark Disability Category||Number of Vacancies|
|blindness and low vision||05|
|deaf and hard of hearing||06|
|locomotor disability including cerebral palsy, leprosy cured, dwarfism,
acid attack victims and muscular dystrophy`
|multiple disabilities from
amongst persons under clauses
UPSC IAS 2021 Eligibility
There are some basic criteria that candidates have to satisfy to appear for the examination. The criteria are nationality, educational qualifications, age limit, and the number of attempts.
- For the Indian Administrative Service, the Indian Foreign Service, and the Indian Police Service, a candidate must be a citizen of India.
- For other services, a candidate must be either:—
(a) a citizen of India, or
(b) a subject of Nepal, or
(c) a subject of Bhutan, or
(d) a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
(e) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia, and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
Candidates must hold a graduation degree in any stream from any university established under the act passed by the Parliament of India or State legislature.
Candidates who are in the last year of graduation and awaiting results are also eligible to apply for IAS preliminary exam.
However, such candidates need to submit proof of passing the requisite exam at the time of applying for the Main exam. The applications for IAS Main exam are usually released in the month of July/ August.
- Also, Check – FCI Various Post Recruitment 2021 Apply Online Here
- A candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 32 years on the 1st of August, 2021 i.e., the candidate must have been born not earlier than 2nd August, 1989 and not later than 1st August, 2000.
- There is also age relaxation for reserved category candidates of some years:
|SC/ ST||5 Years|
|Defense Services Personnel, disabled in operations during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as a consequence thereof||3 Years|
|Ex-servicemen including commissioned officers and ECOs/SSCOs who have rendered at least five years of military service as of August 1, 2021, and have been released||5 Years|
|PwD [(a) blindness and low vision; (b) deaf and hard of hearing; (c) locomotor disability including cerebral palsy, leprosy cured, dwarfism, acid attack victims, and muscular dystrophy; (d) autism, intellectual disability, specific learning disability, and mental illness; and (e) multiple disabilities from amongst persons under clauses (a) to (d) including deaf-blindness]||10 Years|
Number of attempts:
- All candidates are allowed a maximum of six attempts in the IAS exam. However, it may be noted that the restriction of the number of attempts is not applicable for candidates belonging to SC/ST category. Also, candidates belonging to OBC and Persons with Benchmark Disabilities categories are allowed a maximum of nine attempts in the exam.
- If a candidate appears in any one paper of the IAS Prelims Exam, then it is deemed that he has made an attempt in the IAS Exam.
|Category||Number of Attempts(Allowed)|
|General/Economically Weaker Section(EWS)||6|
|Other Backward Classes||9|
|SC/ST||Till the age limit|
|Person with Disabilities||Till the age limit|
UPSC Selection Process 2021
The selection process is conducted in two stages:
- UPSC preliminary (objective-type paper)
- UPSC mains (descriptive paper and interview).
UPSC 2021 Important Dates
|Notification released||4th March 2021|
|Online Registration begins||4th March 2021|
|Last date for applying||24th March 2021|
|UPSC Prelims Exam 2021||27 June 2021|
|UPSC Prelims 2021 Result||July 2021 (Tentative)|
|UPSC Main Exam 2021||17 Sep 2021|
|UPSC Main 2021 result||December/January 2022 (Tentative)|
UPSC CSE Application Fees
Candidates need to pay the application fee in online or offline mode.
|Category||Preliminary Exam Fee||Mains Exam Fee|
|General/ EWS/OBC||Rs 100||Rs 200|
|Females/ SC/ ST/ Persons with Benchmark Disability||Nil||Nil|
How to apply online for UPSC Prelims 2021?
- Candidates are required to apply online using the website http://www.upsconline.nic.in.
- All candidates, whether already in Government Service, Government owned industrial undertakings or other similar organizations or in private employment should submit their applications direct to the Commission.
- The filling of online application contains two parts.
- In Part I registration, the candidate will have to fill in the basic information. On submission of details, the candidate will be prompted to check the details and make corrections, if any, in the application.
- Part-II Registration consists of the following Stages. filling up Payment details (except for fee-exempted candidates), uploading of Photograph, Signature, Photo Identity Card Document, selection of examination center, and Agreeing to Declaration.
- Registration of Part-I & Part-II will be treated as valid from 04-03-2021 to 24-03-2021 (6:00 P.M.)
- The candidate must press the “I agree” button after he /she finds that information supplied by him /her is in order and no correction is required. Thereafter no correction/modification shall be allowed.
- When the “I agree” button is pressed, a page with the Registration Number will be generated. Please note down the Registration Number or take a printout of the page.
- Candidates can pay the application fees online, through the Credit/Debit Card/Net banking facility of any Banks, or by cash challan in SBI bank.
UPSC Apply Link 2021
|UPSC CSE 2021 Notification PDF||Download PDF|
|UPSC IFS 2021 Notification PDF||Download PDF|
|UPSC IAS Online Application 2021 Link||Apply Here|
|UPSC IFS Online Application 2021 Link||Apply Here|
|UPSC Official Website||Visit Here|
|UPSC Previous Year Papers PDF||Download PDF|
You can join our All In One Preparation Group and join us on Telegram and like our Facebook Page to get notified on the latest exam updates and materials. For discussion join SSC GROUP and Railway Group
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. How many vacancies are there in UPSC 2021?
Ans. – There are a total of 712 vacancies for UPSC 2021.
Q. How many IAS are selected every year?
Ans. – Approximately 180 IAS officers are recruited each year as we can see in the cadre allocation documents.
Q. What is the last date to apply for UPSC CSE 2021?
Ans. – The last date to apply online for UPSC Prelims 2021 is 24 March 2021.
Q. What is the UPSC Prelims Exam date 2021?
Ans. – UPSC Prelims exams 2021 will be conducted on 27 June 2021.