UPSC EPFO Syllabus PDF 2021 & Exam Pattern Topic Wise: The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has released the UPSC EPFO Syllabus PDF 2021 and UPSC EPFO Exam Pattern 2021. UPSC will conduct a recruitment test (RT) for the post of Enforcement Officer/Accounts Officer, on May 9, 2021.
UPSC is conducting the UPSC EPFO Exams 2020-21 to fill up 421 vacancies for Enforcement Officer and Accounts Officer posts. In order to appear for the exam, it is mandatory to know the UPSC EPFO exam pattern & syllabus in detail.
|We Recommend Testbook App|
|20+ Free Mocks For RRB NTPC & Group D Exam||Attempt Free Mocks|
|100+ Free Mocks for Banking (IBPS PO, Clerk SEBI, RBI, RRB, SBI PO Exams)||Attempt Free Mocks|
|30+ Free Mocks for IB ACIO, SSC CGL & SSC CHSL Exam||Attempt Free Mocks|
|10+ Free Mocks for UPSC CSE 2021 Exams||Attempt Free Mocks|
UPSC EPFO Syllabus PDF 2021: Highlights
|Name Of The Exam||UPSC EPFO Enforcement Officer Exams 2020|
|Name Of The Organization||Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)|
|Job Category||Central Government Jobs|
|Post Name||Enforcement Officer and Accounts Officer|
|Job Location||All Across India|
|UPSC EPFO Exam Dates 2021||09 May 2021|
UPSC EPFO Syllabus 2021 PDF
The UPSC EPFO exam 2020 consists of 2 stages – EPFO Recruitment Test (RT) and Interview. We have listed below the detailed UPSC EPFO Syllabus 2021 for your reference.
|1.||History: Indian Freedom Struggle|
|6.||Social Security in India|
|8.||Knowledge of Computer applications|
|10.||General Mental Ability and Quantitative Aptitude|
|11.||Current Events and Development Issues|
|12.||General Accounting Principles|
UPSC EPFO Exam Pattern 2021
The UPSC EPFO Exam pattern involves two stages. The first stage involves carrying Objective type questions, and in the second stage, there will be an interview.
Scheme of UPSC EPFO Recruitment Test (RT):
- The test will be of two hours duration
- All questions will carry equal marks.
- The test will be objective-type questions with multiple choices of answers.
- The medium of the test will be both Hindi and English.
- There will be a penalty for wrong answers. Every wrong answer will carry a deduction of one-third of the marks assigned to that question.
- If no answer is marked for a question, there will be no penalty for that question.
Note: The interview stage in this exam involves minimum qualifying marks.
UPSC EPFO Syllabus for Recruitment Test (RT)
The syllabus of the Test broadly comprises the following topics:
- General English- To evaluate candidate’s understanding of English language & workmanlike the use of words.
- Indian Freedom Struggle.
- Current Events and Developmental Issues.
- Indian Polity & Economy.
- General Accounting Principles.
- Industrial Relations & Labour Laws.
- General Science & knowledge of Computer applications.
- General Mental Ability & Quantitative Aptitude.
- Social Security in India.
- Also, Check – UPSC EPFO Previous Year Question Papers PDF
The detailed syllabus for UPSC EPFO Enforcement Officer/Accounts Officer is given below:
UPSC EPFO Syllabus for General English
- Phrase replacement
- Reading comprehension
- Sentence completion/ para completion
- Cloze Test
- Error Spotting
- Fill in the Blanks
- Para Jumbles
- Phrases/ Idioms
UPSC EPFO Syllabus for Indian Freedom Struggle
- The Carnatic Wars, invasion of Bengal
- Mysore and its confrontation with British expansion: The three Anglo-Maratha Wars
- Regulating and Pitt’s India Acts
- Early composition of the British raj.
Confrontation to British rule
- Early uprisings
- The 1857 Revolt-reasons, character, course and result
- Indian Freedom struggle the first stage: Growth of national consciousness; creation of Associations
- Establishment of the Indian National Congress and its Moderate stage
- Swadeshi Movement
- Economic Nationalism
- The development of Extremism and the split in Congress
- The policy of Divide and Rule
- Congress-League Pact of 1916.
Gandhian thoughts and techniques of mass mobilization
- Civil Disobedience
- The Khilafat movement
- Non-Cooperation Movement, and Quit India Movement; another strand in the National Movement-Revolutionaries
- Subhash Chandra Bose
- The Indian National Army.
UPSC EPFO Syllabus for Current Events & Developmental Issues
Current events basically refer to as the daily current affairs that are important from an exam point of view. Developmental Issues confine to the schemes and laws made public by the government to maintain the decorum and for the ease of run of the constitution. developmental issues also cover the yojana’s revealed by the government for the betterment of the public.
UPSC EPFO Syllabus for Indian Polity & Economy
- Indian Constitution
- Historical underpinnings, evolution, features, amendments
- Functions and responsibilities of the Union and the States
- Parliament and State Legislatures – structure, functioning, the conduct of business, powers & privileges and issues arising out of these
- Welfare schemes for vulnerable sections of the population by the Centre and States and the performance of these schemes
- Important aspects of governance, transparency and accountability
- e-governance- applications, models, successes, limitations, and potential; citizens charters, transparency & accountability and institutional and other measures. Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues/
- Economic growth and development – basic concept and definition of economy and economics
- Use and transfer of resources
- Distributive effects
- Macro and microeconomic policy
- Micro-macro balance
- The distributive impact of economic policies
- Inclusion – definition
- Financial inclusion
- Recent initiatives
- Fiscal policy – definition, component, receipts, revenue and capital account
- Tax revenue, expenditure, budget.
UPSC EPFO Syllabus for General Accounting principles
- Principles of Accounting
- Analyzing & Recording Transactions
- Adjustments & Financial Statements
- Completion of the accounting cycles
- Subsidiary Ledgers and Special Journals.
UPSC EPFO Syllabus for Industrial Relations & Labour Laws
UPSC EPFO Syllabus for Labour Laws:
- Areas implemented
- sectors applicable
UPSC EPFO Syllabus for Industrial Relations:
- Industrial relations code (IRC) Bill
- Model of labour reforms.
UPSC EPFO Syllabus for General Science & Knowledge of Computer Applications
UPSC EPFO Syllabus for General Science:
- Life Science
UPSC EPFO Syllabus for Computer Applications:
- Computer organisations
- Operating Systems
- Database management
- Data structures
- Data communications
- Computer networks
UPSC EPFO Syllabus for Quantitative Aptitude & General Mental Ability
UPSC EPFO Syllabus for Quantitative Aptitude
- Number Systems
- Profit & Loss
- Average Ratio
- SI & CI
- Arithmetic questions.
UPSC EPFO Syllabus for General Mental Ability
- Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables)
- Data sufficiency Syllogism
- Puzzles & More.
UPSC EPFO Syllabus for Social Security In India
- What is Social Security?
- History of Social security
- Social Security in India
- Social Security: Constitutional Provisions Concurrent List
- Part IV Directive Principles of State Policy
- Difference between Organized and Unorganized Sectors SOCIAL SECURITY LAWS in India
- Employees’ State Insurance Act, 1948 (ESI Act)
- Employees’ Provident Funds Act, 1952
- Workmen’s Compensation Act, 1923 (WC Act)
- Maternity Benefit Act, 1961 (M.B. Act)
- Payment of Gratuity Act, 1972 (P.G. Act)
- Social Security In India: Different From Developed Nations
- Provident Fund.
UPSC EPFO Marks Weightage
Recruitment Test (RT) and Interview carry weightage in the ratio of 75:25 for the candidates shortlisted based on Recruitment Test (RT) and qualify in the interview.
- Also, Check – UPSC EPFO Enforcement Officer Previous Year Cut-Off PDF
UPSC EPFO Exam Date 2020-2021
|UPSC EPFO Events||Important Dates|
|UPSC EPFO Online Application form start date||11th January 2020|
|EPFO AO/EO apply online last date||31st January 2020|
|UPSC EPFO submit fee last date||31st January 2020|
|UPSC EPFO Admit Card 2020 download date||15 days before the exam date|
|UPSC EPFO Exam Date 2020||09 May 2021|
|UPSC EPFO Result 2020||To be announced soon|
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. How many stages are there for EPFO?
Ans. – The selection process for UPSC EPFO comprises of the following stages: Recruitment Test/Written Test & Interview.
Q. When will UPSC EPFO Exams 2020-21 be conducted?
Ans. – UPSC EPFO Exams 2020-21 will be conducted on 09 May 2021.
Q. What type of questions are there in the UPSC EPFO 2021 exam?
Ans. – All the questions in the UPSC EPFO exam are multiple-choice questions.
Q. Is there a negative marking in the UPSC EPFO exam?
Ans. – Yes, the UPSC EPFO Recruitment Test comprises a negative marking 1/3 mark for every wrong answer.