UPSC IAS Exam 2020 Last Date To Apply Online: Union Public Service Commission has released an official notification regarding UPSC IAS Exam 2020 on 12th February 2020 on It’s official website. You can check complete details about UPSC IAS Recruitment 2020.
This is a great opportunity for all the candidates who wants to serve the nation as Gazetted Officers under the Government Of India. If you are also going to apply for this recruitment you must go through the eligibility criteria, age limit, exam dates, exam pattern and other Important Information.
UPSC IAS Exam 2020 Notification: Overview
The Online applications can be filled up to 03rd March, 2020 till 06:00 pm after which the link will be disabled by the commission. Here we have mentioned some brief details about UPSC IAS 2020 Notification.
|Article Name||UPSC IAS Exam 2020|
|Name Of The Recruitment||UPSC IAS Recruitment 2020|
|Name Of The Organization||Union Public Service Commission|
|UPSC IAS Notification Release Date 2020||12th February 2020|
|Last Date for Receipt of Applications||03rd March 2020 [till 6 pm]|
|UPSC IAS Preliminary Exam Date 2020||31st May 2020|
|Exam Mode||Offline (Pen and Paper)|
|UPSC IAS Admit card Release Date 2020||Three weeks before the exam|
|UPSC Civil Services (Main) Examination Date 2020||18th September, 2020|
|Official Notification||Download PDF|
UPSC IAS Eligibility Criteria 2020
The eligibility criteria of the UPSC IAS Civil Services exam 2020 includes age limit, educational qualification, nationality and number of attempts. The eligibility criteria is different for all categories such as GEN/EWS/OBC/SC/ST/PWD. Have a look:
Nationality: Citizen of India OR Tibetan refugee who came to India before January 1, 1962, OR person of Indian origin who migrated from Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Burma, Vietnam, Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, and Ethiopia.
Educational Qualification: Graduate Degree in any discipline of University/Institution established or incorporated by an Act of Parliament or declared a Deemed University under the UGC Act, 1956.
Note: No requirement for any minimum percentage.
UPSC IAS Age Limit 2020: The minimum age limit is 21 years and the maximum age limit is different for different categories:
- General: 32 years
- OBC: 35 years
- SC & ST: 37 year
- PwD: 42 Years
Number of Attempts: Have a look at the maximum number of attempts allowed for each category:
- General: 6 Attempts
- EWS: 6 Attempts
- OBC: 9 Attempts
- SC & ST: Till the Age limit
- PwD: 9 Attempts for OBC; Till the Age limit for SC/ST
- BPSC Assistant Prosecution Officer Recruitment 2020
- RRB NTPC & RRC Group D Exam Date 2020 Check RTI Reply
- CRPF Head Constable Recruitment 2020
- DSSB Recruitment 2020 PGT/TGT And Various Post
UPSC IAS Selection Process 2020
UPSC IAS Recruitment is conducted in different phases. Here we have mentioned the selection process for UPSC IAS 2020.
- IAS Prelims
- IAS Mains & Interview
UPSC IAS Preliminary Exam is qualifying in nature. The marks of IAS Prelims are not considered in final merit list, from which the selection of candidates is made. The UPSC prepares the final merit list on the basis of marks secured by candidates in IAS Mains exam and Interview.
UPSC IAS Exam Pattern 2020
Here we have shared complete Exam pattern for UPSC IAS Exam 2020.
UPSC IAS Prelims Exam Pattern 2020
|Paper I: General Studies||100||200|
|Paper II: GS (CSAT)||80||200|
- The total time duration for each of the paper is 2 hour i.e 120 minutes.
- In IAS Prelims exam, questions will be asked in Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) format.
- There will be Negative Marking of 1/3rd marks (0.66) for each wrong answer.
- GS Paper II (CSAT) is qualifying in nature; you need only 33 percent marks to clear this paper.
- In the PwD category, blind candidates are allotted 20 minutes extra for each paper.
UPSC IAS Mains Exam Pattern 2020
|Paper||Name of Paper||Time Duration||Marks|
|Paper – A||Any Indian Language
|Paper – B||English
|Paper I||Essay||3 Hours||250|
|Paper II||General Studies I||3 Hours||250|
|Paper III||General Studies II||3 Hours||250|
|Paper IV||General Studies III||3 Hours||250|
|Paper V||General Studies IV||3 Hours||250|
|Paper VI||Optional Paper I||3 Hours||250|
|Paper VII||Optional Paper-II||3 Hours||250|
- IAS Mains exam is objective as well as descriptive in nature.
- Candidates need to obtain IAS Cut off marks to qualify this round
- The cut off is decided on the basis of total vacancies, the difficulty level of paper and candidates appearing for the exam.
- There will be Negative Marking of 1/3rd marks (0.66) for each wrong answer in objective paper only.
How to apply for UPSC IAS Exam 2020?
Candidates must apply online by visiting the website http://www.upsconline.nic.in after the official notification is released on 12th February 2020.
- Only a single application must be submitted by the applicants.
- Candidates must carefully fill all the details including name, age, qualifications, exam centre etc.
- The applications must be submitted before the last date after which it will not be received.
UPSC IAS 2020 Vacancy: Important Links
|Official Notification||Download PDF|
|Application Link||Click Here|
|Previous Year Papers||Download PDF|
|Last 12 Months Current Affairs 2019 PDF||Download PDF|
|Official Website||Click Here|
UPSC IAS FAQs
Q. What is the start date to apply online for UPSC IAS?
The starting date to apply for the Indian Administrative Services and other posts are 12 February 2020.
Q. What are the minimum qualifications required to be eligible for IAS exam 2020?
The minimum qualification required is a Bachelor’s Degree from any recognized institute.
Q. How many total papers are there in the IAS Mains Exam 2020?
A total of 9 Papers are there including 7 papers to be counted for merit and 2 qualifying papers.
Q. What is the selection process for UPSC IAS?
The Selection process includes Preliminary exam and Mains Examination following the interview.
Q. What is the preliminary exam date for UPSC IAS?
The preliminary exam date has been declared as 31st May 2020.
Q. What is the last date to apply online for UPSC IAS?
The last date to apply is 3rd March 2020.
|You can join our All In One Preparation Group and join us on Telegram and like our Facebook Page to get notified on latest exam updates and materials. For discussion join SSC GROUP and Railway Group.|