UPSC NDA Application Form 2022: Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has released the official notification of the National Defence Academy and Naval Academy Examination (I), 2022. UPSC NDA I 2022 official notification has been released on 22nd December 2022 on its official website. A total of 400 vacancies has been announced this year including vacancies for female candidates. The last date to apply online for UPSC NDA 2022 is 11 January 2022.
NDA Exam is conducted twice every year by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) to select eligible candidates for admission to the elite National Defence Academy and Naval Academy. You can check more details UPSC NDA 1 Recruitment 2022 including exam pattern, syllabus, admit card, result, application process, selection process, etc. below.
UPSC NDA Application Form 2022: Highlights
|Name of Exam||UPSC NDA Exams 2022|
|Conducting Body||Union Public Service Commission|
|Job Category||Defence Job|
|Frequency||Twice a year|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Job Location||All Across India|
|Exam Rounds||3 Stages (Written + SSB + DV)|
UPSC NDA 1 2022 Vacancies
The approx number of vacancies to be filled on the results of this examination are as follows:
|Name of the Posts||No. of Vacancies|
|NDA Army||208 (including 10 for female candidates)|
|NDA Navy||42 (including 03 for female candidates)|
|NDA Air Force|
|Naval Academy||30 (Male Candidates only)|
- National Defence Academy: 370 to include 208 for Army, 42 for Navy and 120 for Air (including 28 for Ground Duties)
- Naval Academy: 30 (10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme)
UPSC NDA Eligibility Criteria
Candidates who are interested in applying must check the Eligibility Criteria before filling the application form. If a candidate does not meet the desired eligibility criteria then his application form will be rejected.
Candidates who wish to apply for this job profile must be an unmarried males and must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- a citizen of India, or
- a subject of Nepal, or
- a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, and East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, and Ethiopia or Vietnam intending to permanently settle in India.
Note: Candidates who are Gorkha subjects of Nepal will not be considered eligible.
- Also, Check – WBSEDCL Recruitment 2021 Apply Online for 414 Vacancies
Candidates must meet the following Educational Qualifications to complete the application process:
|For Army Wing of National Defence Academy||Candidates who wish to apply must be 12th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent examination conducted by a State Education Board or a University.|
|For Air Force and Naval Wings of National Defence Academy and the 10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme at the Indian Naval Academy||Candidates must be 12th Class pass with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent conducted by a State Education Board or a University.|
Candidates must be physically fit according to physical standards for admission to National Defence Academy and Naval Academy Examination (I) 2021. Candidates are advised to read the guidelines given in Appendix-IV to check whether they meet the required physical standards and whether they are eligible to apply.
They should be able to fulfill the following criteria:
- Running: 2.4 km in 15 minutes
- Pushups & Sit-ups: Minimum 20 each
- Chin-ups: Minimum 08
- Rope Climbing: 3.4 meters
Age Limits, Sex and Marital Status
Only unmarried male and female candidates born not earlier than 02nd July 2003 and not later than 1st July, 2006 are eligible.
- Also, Check – IARI Recruitment 2022 Apply Online for Technician Posts
For Ground Duty Branch
- The minimum height for entry into ground duty branches- 157.5 cm.
- Minimum acceptable height for Gorkhas and individuals belonging to North Eastern regions of India and hilly regions of Uttarakhand – (152.5 cm).
- In the case of candidates from Lakshadweep, the minimum acceptable height can be reduced by 2 cm – (155.5 cm)
For Flying Branch
|(i) Sitting height||81.5 cm||96.0 cm|
|(ii) Leg Length||99.0 cm||120.0 cm|
|(iii) Thigh Length||–||Maximum- 64.0 cm|
NDA Salary: Pay Scale and Allowances
|NDA Rank||NDA Salary|
|Lieutenant to Major||Lt: Level 10 (Rs. 56,100- Rs. 1,77,500)|
Captain: Level 10 B (61,300-1,93,900)
Major: Level 11 (69,400-2,07,200)
|Lieutenant Colonel to Major General||Lt Col: Level 12A (1,21,200 2,12,400)|
Col: Level 13 (1,30,600-2,15,900)
Brig: Level 13A (Rs. 1,39,600-2,17,600)
Major General – Level 14 (1,44,200-2,18,200)
|Lieutenant General HAG Scale||Level 15 (Rs. 1, 82, 200- Rs. 2,24,100)|
|HAG+ Scale||Level 16 (Rs. 2,05,400 – Rs. 2,24,400)|
|Vice Chief of Army Staff/Army Commander/ Lieutenant General (NFSG)||Level 17 (Rs. 2,25,000) (fixed)|
|Chief of Army Staff||Level 18 (Rs. 2,50,000) (fixed)|
NDA Exam Pattern 2022
There will be objective-type questions on:
|General Ability Test||2½ Hours||600|
- The Mathematics & General Ability Test will be objective type.
- The question papers of Mathematics and Part “B” of the General Ability Test will be set in Hindi as well as English.
NDA Syllabus 2022
Paper 1 NDA Syllabus of Maths(300 Marks)
|Algebra||Matrices & Determinants||Trigonometry|
|Differential Calculus||Analytical Geometry 2D & 3D||Integral Calculus|
|Differential Equations||Vector Algebra||Probability|
Paper 2 – Part A – NDA Syllabus of English (200 Marks)
The syllabus covers various aspects like Grammar and usage, vocabulary, comprehension, and cohesion in extended text to test the candidate’s proficiency in English.
Paper 2 – Part B – NDA Syllabus of General Knowledge (400 Marks)
This test will consist of 6 sections. Candidates will have to prepare the basics of all these sections for the UPSC NDA 2022 Exam. The sections are as follows:
- General Science
- Current Affairs
Paper 3: Intelligence and Personality Test
The SSB Round consists of two stages:
- Stage I comprises Officer Intelligence Rating (OIR) tests are Picture Perception * Description Test (PP&DT).
- Stage II Comprises of Interview, Group Testing Officer Tasks, Psychology Tests, and the Conference.
NDA Exam 1 2022 Application Fee
|SC/ST/ Sons of JCOs/NCOs||No Application Fee|
NDA Exam 2022: Important Dates
The dates of the NDA I 2022 Exam have been announced. The online application for the same has been started on 22nd December 2021.
Let’s have a look at the detailed NDA I 2022 Exam Dates:
|UPSC NDA 1 Notification Date||22nd December 2021|
|Starting Date for UPSC NDA 1 2022 Application Form||22nd December 2021|
|Last date for online application for UPSC NDA 1 Registration||11th January 2022 till 6 PM|
|Online Application Withdrawn Date||18 Jan 2022 to 24 Jan 2022 till 6:00 PM|
|UPSC NDA 1 Exam Date 2022||10th April 2022|
|UPSC NDA 1 Admit Card 2022 Date||to be updated soon|
|UPSC NDA/NA 1 Result 2022 Date||to be updated soon|
|UPSC NDA/NA 1 Answer Key 2022 Date||to be updated soon|
|UPSC NDA 1 Interview Date||to be updated soon|
|Date for 149th Course for the NDA and 111th Course for the Naval Academy||to be updated soon|
How to Apply for UPSC NDA Exam 2022?
Candidates who wish to apply and are eligible must follow the steps mentioned below to apply for UPSC NDA 2022 successfully.
- Visit the official website of UPSC or click on the application link mentioned below.
- Fill the registration form with your respective credentials.
- Before submitting the part one and part two forms candidates must verify their details.
- After verifying the details filled in the application form candidates have to click on the final submit button which will redirect them to the payment window.
- After paying the online application fee candidates will be successfully registered.
- Submit form and print a downloaded copy.
You can join our All In One Preparation Group and join us on Telegram and like our Facebook Page to get notified on the latest exam updates and materials. For discussion join SSC GROUP and Railway Group.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. How many vacancies have been announced for NDA 1 2022?
Ans. – A total of 400 vacancies has been announced by UPSC for NDA 1 2022 Examination.
Q. Can girls apply for NDA 2022?
Ans. – Yes, girls can apply for the NDA exam 2022.
Q. What is UPSC NDA Exam Date 2022?
Ans. – UPSC will conduct NDA 1 Exams 2022 on 10 April 2022.
Q. What is the last date to apply for UPSC NDA Application Form 2022?
Ans. – The last date to apply online is 15 January 2022.