IB ACIO Tier 2 Question Paper PDF & Preparation Tips: IB ACIO Tier 1 Exams 2020 are over now. The tier 1 exam was conducted from 18 to 20 February 2021. Intelligence Bureau has already released the IB ACIO Answer Key 2020 PDF on 24 February 2021. 2,000 posts will be filled through IB ACIO Recruitment 2020.
IB ACIO Tier 2 Exam Dates 2021 will be out soon. IB ACIO Tier 2 is of descriptive paper and conducted in pen and paper mode. In this article, we are going to provide you IB ACIO Tier 2 Previous Year Question Paper PDF, expected topics, and a strategy for how to prepare for IB ACIO Tier 2 Exams 2021?
|We Recommend Testbook App|
|20+ Free Mocks For RRB NTPC & Group D Exam||Attempt Free Mocks|
|100+ Free Mocks for Banking (IBPS PO, Clerk SEBI, RBI, RRB, SBI PO Exams)||Attempt Free Mocks|
|30+ Free Mocks for IB ACIO, SSC CGL & SSC CHSL Exam||Attempt Free Mocks|
|10+ Free Mocks for UPSC CSE 2021 Exams||Attempt Free Mocks|
IB ACIO Tier 2 Question Paper PDF: Highlights
|Name Of The Exam||IB ACIO Tier 2 Exams 2021|
|Name Of The Organization||Ministry Of Home Affairs, India|
|Job Category||Central Government Jobs|
|Exam Type||Descriptive Paper|
|Topics||Essay, English Comprehension and Precis Writing|
|IB ACIO Tier 2 Exam Dates 2021||To be announced soon*|
IB ACIO Tier 2 Exam Pattern 2021
The IB ACIO Descriptive paper 2021 will be 50 marks and will consist of two subjects:
|Essay (1 Topic)||30||1 hour|
|English Comprehension & Precis||20|
- The exam will be conducted in offline(pen and paper) mode.
- There will be three sections in the tier 2 exam.
- The total time duration of the exam is 1 hour.
- The exam will be conducted only in the English language.
- The minimum cut-0ff for IB ACIO Tier 2 is 33%.
- Also, Check – IB ACIO Exam Pattern & Syllabus 2020 PDF Subject-Wise
IB ACIO Tier 2 Previous Year Exam Analysis
The last time IB ACIO Tier 2 exam was conducted on 25th February 2018 for IB ACIO Recruitment 2017. The IB ACIO Descriptive Paper 2017 took place in a single shift i.e from 11 AM to 12 Noon. Let’s have a look at the overview of the question paper below:
1. Essay Writing
- Three topics were given out of which one was to be attempted.
- The maximum word limit was not more than 400 words.
- 30 marks were allotted to essay writing.
- Questions Asked
1. Social Media, a boon, or a bane for security agencies?
2. Do you agree that the world war will be fought over water unless we change the way we manage it? Justify your contention.
3. There is no honor in an honor killing. Discuss in the context of the Indian Society.
2. Reading Comprehension
- One Reading Comprehension was asked.
- There were five questions to be answered on the basis of Comprehension.
- Each question carried 2 marks each and the total mark was 10.
- Questions Asked
A comprehension based on the ultimate aim of Policing.
3. Precis Writing
- There was one Precis Writing and no options were given.
- This consisted of 10 marks.
- Questions Asked
It was based on Police Organisation & its functioning and the stress handled by the Policemen.
- Also, Check – IB ACIO Cut Off Marks 2020-21 Check Previous Year Cutoff
IB ACIO Tier 2 Previous Year Questions PDF
IB ACIO TIER-2 Essay topics can be categorized into the following 4 sections based on the essay topics in the previous years’ question papers.
- General Topic
- Current Social Issues
- Internal Security
- Environment based/Climate Change
The table below mentions the essay topics (along with the year of question paper) from the previous years’ papers of IB ACIO Tier-2.
|General Topic||There is no honor in an honor killing. Discuss in the context of Indian society. 
Causes of violence in the world. 
Dimensions of Rural Employment. 
|Current Social Issues||A Communal Conflict Scenario 
Divide between ‘India’ and ‘Bharat’ 
|Internal Security||Social Media, a boon or a bane for security agencies? |
|Environment Based/ Climate Change||Do you agree that the next world war will be fought over water unless we change the way we manage It? Justify your contention. |
IB ACIO Descriptive Paper Topics
Essay writing weighs 30 out of 50 marks in IB ACIO Tier-2 Exam. You will be given choices of 3-4 essay topics and you are expected to write an essay on any one topic of their choice in 400 words.
These topics are related to important social events, current affairs events, or Environmental Issues.
Précis writing means summarising the passage. In this type of question, you will be given a long passage and are supposed to summarise the passage. Though précis writing holds only 10 marks, one must not take this section for granted.
Précis writing sounds easy in the first state, but it is not that easy. It is just not summarising the topic. There are proper rules for précis writing which most of the aspirants remain clueless and tend to lose marks in the final exam.
In this segment, aspirants are given a passage to comprehend, and based on that passage; candidates are expected to answer 5 questions.
There are no rules for English comprehension-type questions as it totally depends on the analytical abilities of an individual. One can only practice this type of question and improve in it.
How to prepare for IB ACIO Tier-2 Descriptive Paper?
How to write a good essay?
Writing a good essay is an art. There are six most important elements which make an essay a good essay. Let us learn these aspects one by one to maximize our score in IB ACIO Tier-2 Exam.
- Word Limit: While writing an essay in the exam, try to write it in the word limit prescribed in the question. For IB ACIO, the word limit is 400 words. Candidates are awarded negative marks for exceeding the word limit.
- Clean Copy: It is vital to write the essay in simple handwriting. The reader should be able to read the essay easily and not get confused. Also, students should keep their copies clean and with fewer errors.
- Use of quotation: Using famous quotations or saying of important personalities and leaders would get you good brownie points. These quotations can be used at the start of the introduction or in the conclusion. The use of quotations makes an essay more interesting.
- Idiom/Vocabulary: Using good words and idioms helps writers express their thoughts more lucidly. It shows the language skills and gets you extra points.
- Format: An ideal essay is always written in a proper format. The format of an essay is “Introduction- Body – Conclusion“.
Introduction: An introduction of an essay must be interesting that can catch readers’ attention and prompt them to read the whole essay. Candidates can start the introduction with some quotation, saying, or some famous expression. An introduction should give an overview of a topic and introduce the topic. It should not be in too much detail.
Body: This is the main segment of the essay, wherein all the aspects of a particular topic should be covered.
Conclusion: The conclusion should be written in a positive tone. In this segment, a writer can conclude the whole topic.
- Grammatical error: The main purpose of the IB ACIO Tier-2 descriptive paper is to check the language skills of aspirants. It is very important that there should not be any grammatical mistakes in the essay.
Make sure that the sentences are following the subject-verb agreement and following the grammar rules. In addition to that, take care of spelling mistakes and proper punctuation too. The last 5 minutes of the exam should be devoted to proof-reading.
Things to keep in mind while writing Essay
- Make sure you are writing the essay in an unbiased manner. Do not write your own opinion or judgment on any particular topic.
- While writing an essay on current political events, try to escape from writing any political instigated expression or over-criticizing any group or authority.
- While making an argument, support the statement with proper facts or study from an authorized source/institution.
- Try to use more positive words in your essay.
- Aim at covering all the aspects of the topic.
How to solve Précis Writing?
- One-Third of the Passage: While summarising a passage, one must know the ratio in which passage needs to be summarised. An idea Précis must be one-third of the original passage. It should not be too small or too much lengthy.
- Use of Indirect Speech: While writing a Précis, indirect speech should be preferred.
- Concise and Well Connected: While attempting Précis writing, One must aim at writing a Précis that is brief but informative at the same time. Thoughts should be expressed clearly and giving the gist of the main idea of the passage. One more important aspect is Précis should be well connected while jumping to the next point of the passage.
- No personal interpretation or opinions: Personal opinions and interpretation should not be added. Précis should represent every idea that has been given in the passage. Nothing should be added, which is not mentioned in the given passage.
- Grammatical accuracy: As Tier-2 checks, the language skill of an individual, make sure that the summarised passage is grammatically correct and there are no errors of tenses, voices or speech. Grammatical accuracy would help in clearly conveying the thoughts without creating any confusion.
- No point should be missed: Précis should contain every important idea that is given in the passage. While writing précis, ensure that no aspect of the passage is left. Sometimes, to write a small summary, candidates end up leaving an important idea and mention some irrelevant details.
Tips for writing a Good Précis:
- Before jumping on to write Précis, do read the passage attentively and understand the passage.
- In any passage, there is the main idea, and then there are some supporting details. This would help in structuring the summary.
- Identify the main idea and supporting details. Write the title of the Précis. While choosing the title, make sure the title is the one that concludes every aspect that is being discussed in detail and not just a segment of the passage.
- Identify the essential and non-essential points of the passage. This would make sure that you mention the details that are worth-mentioning without leaving anything important.
- One can also prepare a rough draft.
- To make it simpler, aspirants can summarise one paragraph at a point then try to connect points.
- Try to write the gist in clear and simpler language. Avoid complex language or expression. Also, the use of proverbs, idioms, metaphors, etc., should be avoided.
- To write a concise and brief summary, the one-word substitution would be very beneficial. At the same time, make sure that you are using the correct word.
How to solve English Comprehension?
- Read the passage carefully and thoroughly.
- For Vocabulary based questions like synonyms, antonyms, the meaning of a word, or Idioms, try to read the sentence and find the context in which the given word has been used in the passage.
- Adopt a daily reading habit. One can read any newspaper, magazine, or novel. This would help in comprehending better and read faster.
- Try to learn new words from the newspaper. This would help in all three sections of the Tier-2 paper.
Preparation Tips for IB ACIO Descriptive Paper
- Focus on Geo-political issues, War, Missiles, Government schemes and policy, Current affairs, Focus on Intelligence agencies like CIA, IB, KGB, Mossad, etc. International Relations, Physical and Chemical laws.
- Do not forget to read on issues of national & Internal security.
- Give importance to War, National security issues, Terrorism, Defense, etc
- Read on Civic problems
- Read Newspapers regularly. Information given in newspapers may not always appear online
- Download News apps or News aggregation apps – Example -DailyHunt, Inshorts, Times of India, Hindu, Hindustan Times, etc
- Read Current Affairs Sections
- Refer NCERT or Lucent for Basics of Static GK
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What is the IB ACIO Tier 2 Exam Dates 2021?
Ans. – IB ACIO Descriptive Exam dates 2021 will be announced soon.
Q. What are the topics asked in IB ACIO Descriptive Paper?
Ans. – You will be asked Essay, English Comprehension, and Precis writing in IB ACIO Tier II.
Q. In which mode IB ACIO Descriptive Paper will be conducted?
Ans. – IB ACIO Descriptive paper will be conducted in pen and paper mode.
Q. What are the minimum qualifying marks in IB ACIO Tier 2?
Ans. – The minimum qualifying marks for ACIO Tier 2 is 33%.