List of Miss World Winners from India (1951-2023): Miss World is by far the oldest-running International Beauty Pageant. It originated in the United Kingdom by Eric Morley in 1951. The title is given on the basis of vision, beauty, intelligence, wit, hard work, sensitivity, and personality.
Along with Miss Universe, Miss International, and Miss Earth, this pageant is one of the Big Four international beauty pageants. India, along with Venezuela is the only country that has won the maximum number of Miss World Titles i.e. 6 times. In this article, you will get the complete list of Miss World Winners from India.
Miss World from India: Overview
|Topic||List of Miss World Winners from India (1951-2023)|
|Important For||All Competitive Exams|
|Origin Of Miss World||United Kingdom|
|Miss World Contest Started||29 July 1951|
|Organization||Miss World Limited|
|Advocacy||Advocate humanitarian causes through Beauty With A Purpose|
|Headquarters||London, United Kingdom|
|First Miss World||Kiki Haakonson (From Sweden)|
|First Miss World From India||Reita Faria (1966)|
|Highest Number Of Miss World Winners||India and Venezuela (6 times)|
Miss World Beauty Pageant
- Miss World is an international beauty pageant organized annually by the Miss World Organization.
- The first Miss World beauty pageant was organized in 1951.
- Parameters based on which the contestants are judged in this pageant include vision, wit, hard work, beauty, personality, and sensitivity.
- According to Miss World Organization, this pageant is about recognizing and awarding beauty with a purpose.
- It wants to project feminity in an empowered form. It is a celebration of global diversity and the feminine force of nature.
- The Miss World Organization also holds charity events, funds of which are directed to underdeveloped, conflict-ridden areas of the world.
- Winners of Miss World hold the crown for a year, after which they pass it down to their successor.
- During this entire year sitting Miss World is required to hold an awareness generation campaign on issues like poverty, malnutrition, climate change, and women’s empowerment among others.
- Clearly, the Miss World beauty pageant is much more than popular perception.
Complete List of Miss World Winners from India
|Year of Winning the title||Miss World Winner|
- Also, Check – Famous Women Personalities In News
List of Miss World from India
Here is a complete List of Miss World from India given below:
- She was born on 14th May 1997.
- She is from Haryana.
- She is an Indian Actress, model, and winner of Miss World 2017.
- She is pursuing a medical degree at the Bhagat Phool Singh Government Medical College for Women in Sonipat.
- She is a trained Kuchipudi dancer who studied under famed dancers Raja and Radha Reddy, as well as Kaushalya Reddy.
- She has made her Bollywood debut with the historical drama Prithviraj in 2020 alongside Akshay Kumar.
- Priyanka Chopra was born on 18th July 1982.
- She is an Indian Actress, Model, Singer, Film Producer, and the winner of the Miss World 2000 pageant.
- She made her acting debut in the Tamil film Thamizhan in 2002. She then made her Bollywood debut in The Hero: Love Story of a Spy (2003) and her Hollywood debut in 2017 with Baywatch.
- She has received numerous awards: Padma Shri (2016), 2 National Film Awards, and 5 Filmfare Awards.
- She is one of the highest-paid actresses in India.
- She was appointed as the national and global UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador for Child Rights in 2010 and 2016 respectively.
- She is married to American singer Nick Jonas.
- Yukta Mookhey is an Indian civic activist and the winner of Miss World 1999.
- She is a former model and actress and has worked in Hindi films.
- Diana Hayden was born on 01st May 1973.
- She is an Indian actress, television host, model, and the winner of the Miss World 1997 pageant.
- She also won three subtitles during the pageant and is the only Miss World titleholder to do so.
- She also won the title of the ‘Femina Miss India’ in 1997.
- Aishwarya Rai was born on 01st Nov 1973.
- She was the winner of the Miss World 1994 contest.
- She is known for her work in Hindi and Tamil films.
- Her debut movie was Mani Ratnam’s Iruvar.
- She has received numerous awards: Padma Shri (2009)and 2 Filmfare Awards.
- She is married to Bollywood actor Abhishek Bachchan.
- She was born on 23rd August 1943.
- She is an Indian physician, former model, and the winner of the Miss World 1966 contest.
- First Asian woman to win the Beauty Contest.
- She chose to focus on her medical studies rather than films and modeling.
- Reita was a judge at Femina Miss India in 1998 and has come back to judge the Miss World competition on a few occasions.
Difference Between Miss World and Miss Universe
- The fact that Miss World and Miss Universe are run by two different organizations is the main distinction between the two beauty pageants.
- They do not conflict with one another because they are hosted at various periods throughout the year.
- Although the participants from all over the world are judged on their attractiveness in both pageants. Both selection processes use different criteria.
- In the Indian context, Miss Diva is a different pageant that sends its winners to Miss Universe Pageant whereas Femina Miss India sends its winners to Miss World Pageant.
- Eric Morley founded the Miss World International Beauty Pageant in 1951, which is held in the UK. Of the four international beauty pageants, it is the oldest; Miss World debuted in 1952. It is a US-based nonprofit that uses Beauty with a Purpose to promote humanitarian causes.
- Miss World Limited manages Miss World, while Miss Universe Organization manages Miss Universe.
How Many Miss Worlds From India?
In total, there have been 6 Miss World Title winners from India. However, there have also been other noteworthy performances. In 2021, India was represented by Manasa Varanasi who was among the top 13 in the world.
Full List Of Miss World Winners From India PDF
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is the Miss World 2022 Winner?
The Miss World 2022 title is held by Karolina Bielawska of Poland.
What is the motto of Miss World?
The Miss World beauty pageant motto is “Beauty with a Purpose.”
What is bigger than Miss World?
Miss World and Miss Universe are two big beauty pageants held at the global level. Both are big in themselves, and there is no statistical data comparing them.
How many times has India won Miss World?
India has won the Miss World title 6 times – 1966, 1994, 1997, 1999, 2000, and 2017.
Where can I get the List of Miss World Winners from India?
You can get the List of Miss World Winners from India from 1951 to 2023 in this article.