Railway Recruitment 2023: Indian Railways is one of the largest employers in the world. Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) and Railway Recruitment Cell (RRC) conduct exams to recruit candidates for various posts in Indian Railways.
As per the latest report shared by Union Railway Minister, Ashwini Vaishnaw in Rajya Sabha, over 2.5 lakh posts are vacant across different zones of Indian Railways. Let’s have a look at the Zone and Post-Wise Vacancy in Railways.
Table of Contents
Railway Recruitment 2023: Overview
|Recruitment||Railway Recruitment 2023|
|Post||Group A, B and C Posts (Including Level 1)|
|Total Railway Zones||17|
|Railway Vacancy Notification Date 2023||04 August 2023|
|Shared By||Ashwini Vaishnaw|
RRB Recruitment 2023: 2.5 Lakhs Vacancies
Mr. Sushil Kumar Modi asked the Minister of Railways to state:
(a) details of vacancies in various posts in the Railways, post-wise and zone-wise;
(b) details of examinations conducted to fill up the vacant posts along with the dates, the status of the results of the exam, and the number of posts filled up so far;
(c) number of people still on the waiting list after recruitment vide earlier advertisements;
(d) number of posts lying vacant and by when these posts would be filled up, the details thereof; and
(e) percentage of reservation in the appointment of Agniveers along with the details of relaxation given in physical efficiency test and age limit?
The Railway Minister replied in writing stating that “2,48,895 vacancies in all zone of Railway in Group C Post while 2070 posts are vacant in Group A & B posts.
A total of 1,28,349 candidates have been empanelled (up to 30.06.2023) to Group ‘C’ posts (excluding Level-1) against notifications.
A total of 1,47,280 candidates have been empanelled (up to 30.06.2023) to Level-1 posts against notifications.
Direct recruitment to Group ‘A’ Services on Indian Railways is mainly done by UPSC. Indent is placed on UPSC and DoPT”.
Railway Vacancy 2023 Zone and Post-wise
Here are the details of Indian Railways (RRB) Zonewise Vacant Posts Details including gazetted & non-gazetted posts:
The details of zone wise vacancies in Indian Railways as on July 1, 2023, is appended.
|Zonal Railway||Group ‘A’ & ‘B’ posts||Group ‘C’ posts (including Level-1)|
|South East Central||83||7796|
Indian Railways is a large organization. Occurrence and filling up of vacancies are continuous processes on Indian Railways considering its size, spatial distribution, and criticality of operation.
The vacancies are filled up primarily by the placement of indents by Railways with Recruitment agencies as per operational requirements.
Indian Railway Recruitment
The details of the Centralized Employment Notifications (CENs) released by RRBs from 2018-2019 to 2022-2023 are as under:
|CEN No. & Name of Posts||Notification Date||Number of Vacancies||Status|
Junior Engineer (JE) Depot Material Superintendent (DMS)/ Chemical & Metallurgical Assistant (CMA)
|29 December 2018||13538||Recruitment Process Completed|
|23 February 2019||1923||Recruitment Process Completed|
Isolated & Ministerial Categories
|23 February 2019||1663||Recruitment Process Completed|
Non-Technical Popular Categories (NTPC) – Graduate & Under Graduate level
|28 February 2019||35281||Recruitment Process Completed|
|RRC – 01/ 2019|
Level-1 (erstwhile Group ‘D’)
|23 February 2019||103769||Recruitment Process Completed|
- A total of 1,28,349 candidates have been empanelled (upto June 30, 2023) to Group ‘C’ posts (excluding Level-1) against the above notifications.
- A total of 1,47,280 candidates have been empanelled (upto June 30, 2023) to Level-1 posts against the above notifications.
- Direct recruitment to Group ‘A’ Services on Indian Railways is mainly done by UPSC. The indent is placed on UPSC and DoPT.
Offer of appointments is given to all the empanelled candidates subject to candidates satisfying all eligibility criteria, including verification of character and antecedents. As such no candidates are kept on the waitlist after being empanelled.
Reservation In Railway Jobs
- A horizontal reservation of 10% in Level-1 and 5% in Level-2 and above in railways against direct recruitment quota of various non-gazetted posts is provided to Agniveers provided they fulfill the requisite eligibility requirement for the posts.
- 10% reservation is provided to Agniveers in the recruitment to the post of Constable in RPF/RPSF.
- Age relaxation of five years has been provided to the first batch of Agniveers and relaxation of three years has been provided to the subsequent batches of Agniveers, over and above the existing age limit.
- Agniveers have been exempted from Physical Efficiency Test during recruitment wherever applicable including for the post of Constable in RPF/RPSF.
|Latest Current Affairs PDF For All Competitive Exams||Competitive Exams Previous Year Papers PDF|
|Latest Government Jobs 2023||Static GK PDF For All Exams|