Union Public Service Commission has successfully conducted the UPSC CSE Mains Examination 2019 on Friday 20th September 2019. Aspirants were asked to write two essays, one each from Section ‘A’ and Section ‘B’. UPSC CSE Mains Essay Question Paper PDF is available here to download.
ESSAY PAPER: UPSC Civil Services Mains Examination – 2019
Time allowed: 3 Hours
Maximum Marks: 250
UPSC CSE Mains Essay Question Paper 2019 PDF
- The essay must be written in the medium authorized in the admission certificate which must be stated clearly.
- on the cover of this question-cum-answer (QCA) booklet in the space provided.
- No marks will be given for answers written in the medium other than authorized one.
- Word limit, as specified, should be adhered to.
- Any page or portion of the page left blank, must be struck off clearly.
- Write two essays, choosing one topic from each of the following Sections A and B, in about 1000-1200 words each (125*2=250).
SECTION – A
- Wisdom finds truth
- Values are not what humanity is, but what humanity ought to be
- Best for an Individual is not necessarily best for the society
- Courage to accept and dedication to improve are two keys to success
SECTION – B
- South Asian societies are woven not around the state, but around their plural cultures and identities.
- Neglect of primary health care and education in India are reasons for its backwardness
- Biased media is a real threat to Indian democracy
- Rise of Artificial Intelligence: the threat of jobless future or better job opportunities through reskilling and upskilling.
In general, the Essay Question Paper of UPSC Civil Services Main Exam (Written) 2019 was devoid of any ambiguities. Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) straight away touched topics appropriate for a well-educated youth. Almost all questions were answerable. What would make the difference in marks between candidates then?
It would be time-management, presentation skills, easy-of-reading, examples, and original thoughts!
You can join our All In One Preparation Group and join us on Telegram and like our Facebook Page to get notified on the latest exam updates and materials. For discussion join SSC GROUP and Railway Group.