UPSC Mains Question Paper 2020 PDF Of Essay & General Studies: Union Public Service Commission has successfully conducted UPSC Mains Exams 2020 on 08th January 2021 with the Essay Paper. In the first half of the second day of the Mains Exam (9th January), the General Studies Paper I was held. In the second half, the GS Paper II was held.
The UPSC Mains consist of 9 papers in total. The UPSC 2020 Mains will go on till 17th January 2021. In this article, you will get UPSC Mains Question Paper 2020 PDF Of Essay & General Studies. The essay paper consists of two sections, and candidates have to attempt one out of four topics given in each section.
UPSC Mains Question Paper 2020 PDF: Highlights
|Name Of The Exam||UPSC CSE Mains Exams 2020-21|
|Name Of The Organization||Union Public Service Commission|
|Job Category||Central Government Job|
|Job Location||All Across India|
|Exam Mode||Offline (Pen & Paper Mode)|
|UPSC Mains Exam Dates 2021||08 to 17 January 2021|
|UPSC Mains Result Dates 2021||30 January 2021|
UPSC 2020 Mains Essay Paper
- Life is a long journey between human being and being humane.
- Mindful manifesto is the catalyst to a tranquil self.
- Ships do not sink because of water around them, ships sink because of water that gets into them.
- Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
- Culture is what we are, civilisation is what we have.
- There can be no social justice without economic prosperity but economic prosperity without social justice is meaningless.
- Patriarchy is the least noticed yet the most significant structure of social inequality.
- Technology as the silent factor in international relations.
- Also, Check – UPSC Prelims Question Paper 2020 PDF & Answer Key
UPSC Mains 2020 GS Paper 1
- The rock-cut architecture represents one of the most important sources of our knowledge of early Indian art and history. Discuss. (150 words, 10 marks)
- Pala period is the most significant phase in the history of Buddhism in India. Enumerate. (150 words, 10 marks)
- Evaluate the policies of Lord Curzon and their long term implications on the national movements. (150 words, 10 marks)
- Discuss the geophysical characteristics of the Circum-Pacific Zone. (150 words, 10 marks)
- The process of desertification does not have climate boundaries. Justify with examples. (150 words, 10 marks)
- How will the melting of Himalayan glaciers have a far-reaching impact on the water resources of India? (150 words, 10 marks)
- Account for the present location of iron and steel industries away from the source of raw material, by giving examples. (150 words, 10 marks)
- Has caste lost its relevance in understanding the multi-cultural Indian Society? Elaborate your answer with illustrations. (150 words, 10 marks)
- COVID-19 pandemic accelerated class inequalities and poverty in India. Comment. (150 words, 10 marks)
- Do you agree that regionalism in India appears to be a consequence of rising cultural assertiveness? Argue. (150 words, 10 marks)
- Indian Philosophy and tradition played a significant role in conceiving and shaping the monuments and their art in India. Discuss. (250 words, 15 marks)
- Persian literary sources of medieval India reflect the spirit of the age. Comment. (250 words, 15 marks)
- Since the decade of the 1920s, the national movement acquired various ideological strands and thereby expanded its social base. Discuss. (250 words, 15 marks)
- The interlinking of rivers can provide viable solutions to the multi-dimensional inter-related problems of droughts, floods, and interrupted navigation. Critically examine. (250 words, 15 marks)
- Account for the huge flooding of million cities in India including the smart ones like Hyderabad and Pune. Suggest lasting remedial measures. (250 words, 15 marks)
- India has immense potential for solar energy though there are regional variations in its developments. Elaborate. (250 words, 15 marks)
- Examine the status of forest resources of India and its resultant impact on climate change. (250 words, 15 marks)
- Are diversity and pluralism in India under threat due to globalization? Justify your answer. (250 words, 15 marks)
- Customs and traditions suppress reason leading to obscurantism. Do you agree? (250 words, 15 marks)
- How have digital initiatives in India contributed to the functioning of the education system in the country? Elaborate your answer. (250 words, 15 marks)
- Also, Check – UPSC CAPF AC Question Paper 2020 PDF & Answer Key
UPSC 2020 Mains GS Paper 2
- “There is a need for simplification of procedure for disqualification of persons found guilty of corrupt practices under the Representation of Peoples Act.” Comment. (150 words, 10 marks)
- “Recent amendments to the Right to Information Act will have profound impact on the autonomy and independence of the Information Commission.” Discuss. (150 words, 10 marks)
- How far do you think cooperation, competition and confrontation have shaped the nature of federation in India? Cite some recent examples to validate your answer. (150 words, 10 marks)
- The judicial systems in India and UK seem to be converging as well as diverging in recent times. Highlight the key points of convergence and divergence between the two nations in terms of their judicial practices. (150 words, 10. marks)
- ‘Once a Speaker, Always a Speaker!’ Do you think this practice should be adopted to impart objectivity to the office of the Speaker of Lok Sabha? What could be its implications for the robust functioning of parliamentary business in India? (150 words, 10 marks)
- In order to enhance the prospects of social development, sound and adequate health care policies are needed particularly in the fields of geriatric and maternal health care. Discuss. (150 words, 10 marks)
- “Institutional quality is a crucial driver of economic performance.” In this context suggest reforms in Civil Service for strengthening democracy. (150 words, 10 marks)
- “The emergence of Fourth Industrial Revolution (Digital Revolution) has initiated e-Governance as an integral part of government.” Discuss. (150 words, 10 marks)
- Critically examine the role of WHO in providing global health security during the Covid-19 pandemic. (150 words, 10 marks)
- ‘Indian diaspora has a decisive role to play in the politics and economy of America and European Countries.’ Comment with examples. (150 words, 10 marks)
- Indian Constitution exhibits centralising tendencies to maintain unity and integrity of the nation. Elucidate in the perspective of the Epidemic Diseases Act, 1897, the Disaster Management Act, 2005 and recently passed Farm Acts. (250 words, 15 marks)
- Judicial Legislation is antithetical to the doctrine of separation of powers as envisaged in the Indian Constitution. In this context justify the filing of large number of public interest petitions praying for issuing guidelines to executive authorities. (250 words, 15 marks)
- The strength and sustenance of local institutions in India has shifted from their formative phase of ‘Functions, Functionaries and Funds’ to the contemporary stage of ‘Functionality’. Highlight the critical challenges faced by local institutions in terms of their functionality in recent times. (250 words, 15 marks)
- Rajya Sabha has been transformed from a ‘useless stepney tyre’ to the most useful supporting organ in past few decades. Highlight the factors as well as the areas in which this transformation could be visible. (250 words, 15 marks)
- Which steps are required for constitutionalization of a Commission? Do you think imparting constitutionality to the National Commission for Women would ensure greater gender justice and empowerment in India? Give reasons. (250 words, 15 marks)
- “The incedence and intensity of poverty are more important in determining poverty based on income alone.” In this context analyse the latest United Nations Multidimensional Poverty Index Report. (250 words, 15 marks)
- “Micro-Finance as an anti-poverty vaccine, is aimed at asset creation and income security of the rural poor in India.” Evaluate the role of the Self Help Groups in achieving the twin objectives along with empowering women in rural India. (250 words, 15 marks)
- National Education Policy 2020 is in conformity with the Sustainable Development Goal-4 (2030). It intends to restructure and reorient education system in India. Critically examine this statement. (250 words, 15 marks)
- ‘Quadilateral Security Dialogue (Quad)’ is transforming itself into a trade bloc from a military alliance, in present times – Discuss. (250 words, 15 marks)
- What is the significance of Indo-US defence deals over Indo-Russian defence deals? Discuss with reference to stability in the Indo-Pacific region. (250 words, 15 marks)
- Also, Check – Last 12 Months Current Affairs 2020 PDF Download
Download Links For UPSC CSE Mains Papers 2020 PDF
- Download UPSC Mains Essay Question Paper 2020 PDF
- Download UPSC Mains General Studies Paper-I Question Paper 2020 PDF
- Download UPSC Mains General Studies Paper-II Question Paper 2020 PDF
You can join our All In One Preparation Group and join us on Telegram and like our Facebook Page to get notified on the latest exam updates and materials. For discussion join SSC GROUP and Railway Group
UPSC Mains FAQs
Q. What was the exam date for UPSC Prelims 2020?
Ans. – UPSC Prelims Exam 2020 was conducted on 31 May 2020.
Q. What are the exam dates for UPSC Mains Exams 2020-21?
Ans. – UPSC Mains exams 2020-21 will be conducted from 08 January to 17 January 2021.
Q. What is the date of IAS 2021 prelims?
Ans. – UPSC Prelims 2021 will be conducted on June 27. The UPSC 2021 notification for civil services will release on February 10.
Q. From where can I download UPSC Mains Question Paper 2020?
Ans. – You can download all UPSC CSE Mains Question Paper 2020 from this page.