Download CBSE Class 10th Science Sample Paper 2020 PDF With Answers: Central Board Of Secondary Education has already released the CBSE Class 10th Official Question Bank 2020 PDF. CBSE Class 10th Science Sample Paper 2020 PDF With Answers is available here to download.
We have already shared CBSE Class 10th English Question Paper PDF with you. CBSE Class 10th Science Exam 2020 is going to be conducted on 04th March 2020. The question paper for same exam with answer key will be available on Examstocks right after the exam.
|We Recommend Testbook App|
|20+ Free Mocks For RRB NTPC & Group D Exam||Attempt Free Mocks|
|100+ Free Mocks for Banking (IBPS PO, Clerk SEBI, RBI, RRB, SBI PO Exams)||Attempt Free Mocks|
|30+ Free Mocks for IB ACIO, SSC CGL & SSC CHSL Exam||Attempt Free Mocks|
|10+ Free Mocks for UPSC CSE 2021 Exams||Attempt Free Mocks|
CBSE Class 10th Science Sample Paper 2020 PDF: Overview
|Article Name||CBSE Class 10th Science Sample Paper 2020 PDF With Answers|
|Name Of The Exam||CBSE Class 10th Science Exam 2020|
|Name Of The Organization||Central Board Of Secondary Education|
|CBSE Class 10th Science Exam Date 2020||04th March 2020|
|Exam Level||National Level Exam|
CBSE Class 10 Science Exam Pattern 2020
Here we have shared the complete CBSE Class 10 Science Exam Pattern 2020:
- The question paper consists of 30 questions divided into three sections – A, B and C.
- Question numbers 1 to 14 in Section-A are all one mark questions which include MCQs, VSA type and assertion-reason type questions. These are to be answered in one word or in one sentence.
- Question numbers 15 to 24 in Section-B are three-mark questions which include short answer type questions. These are to be answered in about 50-60 words each.
- Question numbers 25 to 30 in Section-C are five-mark questions which include long answer type questions. These are to be answered in about 80-90 words each.
- The maximum number for the paper is 80 marks.
There is no overall choice in the paper. However, internal choices are provided in:
- 3 questions of Section-A
- 3 questions of Section-B
- 3 questions of Section-C
CBSE Class 10 Science Unit-wise Weightage for Board Exam 2020
Here we have mentioned the CBSE Class 10th Science Unit-Wise Weightage for Board Exam 2020. Check the Image given below:
Class 10 Science Sample Question Paper 2020 PDF
1. Define catenation.
2. How does valency of an element vary across a period?
3. Answer question numbers 3(a) – 3(d) on the basis of your understanding of the following paragraph and the related studied concepts.
Renewable energy sources such as wind energy are vital for the Indian economy, not only from the point of view of supply, but also from the perspective of environmental and social benefits. India is the world’s fifth largest wind-power producer and the largest windmill facilities in India are installed in Tamil Nadu. Muppandal is a small village of Tamil Nadu and one of the most important sites of wind-farm in the state. It uses wind from the Arabian Sea to produce renewable energy. The suitability of Muppandal as a site for wind farms stems from its geographical location as it has access to the seasonal monsoon winds.
The electrical generators used on wind turbines in sites like Muppandal, produce an output AC of 240 V and a frequency of 50 Hz even when the wind speed is fluctuating. A transformer may be required to increase or decrease the voltage so it is compatible with the end usage, distribution or transmission voltage, depending on the type of interconnection.
3 (a) State the principle behind electric generator.
3 (b) The output frequency of wind turbine is 50 Hz. What is meant by this statement?
3 (c) Why do you think Muppandal is at an advantageous position for this project?
3 (d) Based on the data represented in the graph below, which of the two cities A or B would bean ideal location for establishing a wind-farm and why?
4. Question numbers 4(a) – 4(d) are based on the two tables given below. Study these tables related to blood sugar levels and answer the questions that follow.
Table A (Blood glucose chart) Good
|Mean Blood Glucose Level (mg/dL)|
|Doctor’s advice needed||380|
Table B (Blood Report of Patient X and Y)
|Time of check||Blood Glucose ranges (mg/dL)|
|Patient X||Patient Y|
|Before breakfast (Fasting)||< 100||70-130|
|Before lunch, supper and snack||< 110||70-130|
|Two hours after meals||< 140||< 180|
4(a) Refer to Table B showing the blood report of the levels of glucose of patients X and Y. Infer the disease which can be diagnosed from the given data.
4(b) Identify the hormone whose level in the blood is responsible for the above disease.
4(c) Which one of the following diets would you recommended to the affected patient?
i) High sugar and low fat diet.
ii) Low sugar and high protein diet.
iii) High Fat and low fiber diet.
iv) Low sugar and high fiber diet.
4(d) Refer to the Table A and suggest the value of the mean blood glucose level beyond which doctor’s advice is necessary:
i) 180 mg/dL
ii) 115 mg/dL
iii) 50 mg/dL
iv) 80 mg/dL
5. When we enter a dark room coming from outside, immediately the things inside the room do not appear clear to our eyes. This is because
i) pupils do not open at all in the dark.
ii) pupils take time to adjust.
iii) light travels slower in a dark room.
iv) pupils open very quickly in the dark.
The phenomena of light responsible for the working of the human eye is
iii) power of accommodation
iv) persistence of vision
6. When a 4V battery is connected across an unknown resistor there is a current of 100 mA in the circuit. The value of the resistance of the resister is:
i) 4 Ω
ii) 40 Ω
iii) 400 Ω
iv) 0.4 Ω
7. Unit of electric power may also be expressed as:
8. It was found that water from a river was contaminated with Coliform bacteria. Which one of the following pollutant might have got mixed with the water?
i) Fertilizer run off
ii) Industrial waste
iv) Human faecal matter
Which one of the following stakeholders of forests causes the maximum damage to forest?
i) People who live in or around the forest
ii) The forest department of the government
iii) The wildlife and native enthusiasts
iv) The industrialists
9. Which one of the following green house gases is a contributor due to incomplete combustion of coal and petroleum?
i) Oxides of nitrogen
iii) Carbon monoxide
iv) Carbon dioxide
10. Which of the following reactions is an endothermic reaction?
i) Burning of coal.
ii) Decomposition of vegetable matter into compost.
iii) Process of respiration.
iv) Decomposition of calcium carbonate to form quick lime and carbon dioxide.
Latest CBSE Class 10 Science Sample Papers 2020 PDF
|CBSE Class 10th Scinece Question Bank PDF||Download Link|
|CBSE Class 10th Science Sample Paper 2020 PDF||Download PDF|
|CBSE Class 10th Science Model Paper 2020 PDF||Download PDF|
|CBSE Class 10th Science Practice Paper 2020 PDF||Download PDF|
|CBSE Class 10th Science Sample Paper 2020 In Hindi PDF||Download PDF|
|CBSE Class 10th Science Model Paper 2020 In Hindi PDF||Download PDF|
|CBSE Class 10th Science Sample Paper 2020 Solutions PDF||Download PDF|
|CBSE Class 10th Science Sample Paper 2020 Answers PDF||Download PDF|
10 Most effective tips for CBSE Board Exam Preparation
- Select the right time to start preparing for board exams.
- Good timetable and startegy will make the preparations easy.
- Sufficient time should be devoted to self study.
- Adopt best study habits to excel in board exams.
- Make a strategy to learn long answers for board exams.
- Practicing previous years’ question papers prepares you better for the upcoming challenge.
- Solve CBSE Sample Papers.
- Take regular breaks to enjoy yourself.
- Throw away the exam fear and just relax.
- Write your board exam in an appropriate way.