The Government Of India has recently introduced 10% reservation quota for the Economicaly Weaker Section(EWS) among General Category candidates of the society. Candidates can avail this reservation quota in government jobs and educational institutions.
If you are a deserving candidate from the Economically Weaker Section (EWS), we truly wish you should not miss the EWS quota with respect to the seats in Government Jobs (like SSC,Railway,IAS etc) and Government institutes (like the IIMs and IITs).
|We Recommend Testbook App|
|20+ Free Mocks For RRB NTPC & Group D Exam||Attempt Free Mocks|
|100+ Free Mocks for Banking (IBPS PO, Clerk SEBI, RBI, RRB, SBI PO Exams)||Attempt Free Mocks|
|30+ Free Mocks for IB ACIO, SSC CGL & SSC CHSL Exam||Attempt Free Mocks|
|10+ Free Mocks for UPSC CSE 2021 Exams||Attempt Free Mocks|
Many candidates and even some bureaucrats are not aware of the newly introduced provisions. Here is a complete guide on EWS Certificate Form and It’s application process. Read this post to know in detail about the criteria to be included in the EWS Quota.
EWS Certificate Form Download
In this post we are going to share EWS Certificate Form PDF and complete information about It with you. You are eligible for Economically Weaker Section or not, is totally based on the Income and assets of your family.
|Article Name||EWS Certificate Form Download PDF & How To Apply For EWS Certificate?|
|Name Of The Certificate||EWS Certificate|
|Organization||Central & State Government Of India|
|Name Of Law||Economic Weaker Section Bill|
|Issued To||Economical Weaker Section (EWS)|
|Validity||1 Financial Year|
|Mode Of Application||Online/Offline|
|Processing Time||7 Days|
|EWS Full Form||Economically Weaker Section|
|Useful For||Goverment Jobs & Admission|
What is EWS Certificate?
The Government Of India recently announced a declaration, under which the weaker sections in the General category will also get the benefit of the 10% reservation in government jobs and educational Institutions. The Central and the State Government keeps on providing many jobs. In which you will get the benefit of reservation financially.
If you also come into the EWS category, then make your EWS certificate. So that you can get 10% quota in Center jobs and state jobs.
- Also, Check – UMANG App Download, Registration, Services & Benefits
EWS Full Form
EWS stands for Economically Weaker Sections.
EWS Certificate Format for SSC, Railway and Govt Exams
The following is the EWS Certificate Format for Bank and Govt Exams:
1. This is to certify that Shri/Smt./Kumari ____________________ son/daughter/wife of ____________________ permanent resident of ____________________, Village/Street ____________________ Post Office ____________________District____________________ in the State/Union Territory Pin Code whose photograph is attested below belongs to Economically Weaker Sections, since the gross annual income of his/her family is below Rs. 8 lakh (Rupees Eight Lakh only) for the financial year ____________________.
His/her family does not own or possess any of the following assets:
- Residential flat of 1000 sq. ft. and above;
- 5 acres of agricultural land and above;
- Residential plot of 100 sq. yards and above in notified municipalities;
- Residential plot of 200 sq. yards and above in. areas other than the notified municipalities.
2. Shri/Smt./Kumari ____________________belongs to the ____________________ caste which is not recognized as a Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe and Other Backward Classes (Central List)
Eligibility Criteria for EWS Certificate
Candidate must belongs to General Category or Caste according to the central government of India. There is no age limitations criteria to apply for EWS Certificate.
Persons who are not covered under the scheme of reservation for SCs, STs and OBCs and whose family has a gross annual income below Rs 8 lakh (Rupees eight lakh only) are to be identified as EWSs for benefit of reservation.
Income shall also include income from all sources i.e. salary, agriculture, business, profession, etc. for the financial year prior to the year of application.
Also, persons whose family owns or possesses any of the following assets shall be excluded from being identified as EWS, irrespective of the family income: –
- You should belong to General Caste.
- Family Income should be less than 8 lakhs.
- Family’s Agricultural Land Area should be less than 5 Acres.
- Family’s Residential Flat Area should be less than 1000 sq.ft
- Family’s Residential Plot Area should be less than 100 sq.yards (Notified Municipalities)
- Family’s Residential Plot Area should be less than 200 sq.yards (Other than the notified municipalities)
Note: The above mentioned eligibility criteria to get EWS Reservation are given by Central Government of India. Different states of India can set their own Income cut-off to decide who can constitutes EWS.
- Also, Read – What Is Tour Of Duty Tour Of Duty क्या है ?
How can you claim the benefit of EWS reservation?
You need to get an “Income and Asset Certificate” from the concerned government authority (Eg: Tehsildar).
The benefit of reservation under EWS can be availed upon production of an Income and Asset Certificate issued by a Competent Authority.
The Income and Asset Certificate issued ‘by any one of the following authorities in the prescribed format shall only be accepted as proof of candidate’s claim as ‘belonging to EWS.
EWS Certificate Issuing Authorities
Here we have listed the names of all the authorities which has been identified for the issue of the EWS Certificate:
- District Magistrate/Additional District Magistrate/ Collector/ Deputy Commissioner/Additional’ Deputy Commissioner/ 1st Class Stipendary Magistrate/ Sub-Divisional Magistrate/ Taluka Magistrate! Executive Magistrate/ Extra Assistant Commissioner
- Chief Presidency Magistrate/Additional Chief Presidency Magistrate/ Presidency Magistrate
- Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tehsildar
- Sub-Divisional Officer or the area where the candidate and/or his family
Documents Required for EWS Certificate
Candidates must get ready these documents before EWS Certificate Application Form:
- Aadhaar Card (mandatory)
- Income Certificate (mandatory)
- Pan Card (mandatory)
- Caste Certificate
- BPL Card
- Bank Statement
- Affidavit/ Self Declaration
- Recent Passport size photo
- Other relevant documents
List of documents mentioned above varies for state to state as per their rules. Therefore applicants are advised to visit the EWS certificate issuing authority and collect all Important Information.
How to apply for EWS Certificate?
EWS Certificate applications can be filled online or offline in different states of India. To fill EWS application in offline mode, candidates have to follow these process mentioned below:
- Download the EWS Certificate Form PDF by link provided below.
- Fill up all the required information.
- Paste a passport size photograph.
- Attach all the required documments.
- Submit this application to your nearest Tahsil/Block Office.or
You can contact to your nearest CSC (Common Service Center) or Jan Sewa Kendra and apply from there to get EWS Certificate soon.
EWS Certificate Application Fee
EWS Application fee depends on the issuing authority and diffirent state governmnets. In some of the states It’s absolutely free to apply for EWS Certificate. In other states applicants have to pay a nominal fee.
It simply means that application fee for EWS Certificate is not uniform in all states of India.
EWS Certificate Validity
The EWS Certificate or Economicaly Weaker Section Certificate will be valid for one financial year from the date of issue. If you will apply this certificate in 2020 then It will be valid for year 2020-2021.
Before using the EWS Certificate for admission or recruitment purpose applicants must check whether the Income certificate is valid or not.
You can also contact the issuing authority of concerned State/UT to get more Information about the validity of EWS Certificate.
You can download the EWS Certificate Form PDF by clicking on the link given below.
Click Here to download EWS Certificate Form PDF
EWS Application Form Status Check
You can check EWS Application Status online in various states. Online portals by different states provides you the facility to track your EWS Application form status. You have to use your application number to track your application status for EWS Certificate.
It is compulsory for all the applicants to note down or save their application number or id so that they can check their EWS Application Status online.
EWS Certificate Frequently Asked Questions
What is full form of EWS?
Ans. – EWS stands for Economically Weaker Section.
How to get EWS certificate?
Ans. – You can submit it at your tehsildar office or at the designated issuing authority or at the nearest CSC center.
What is the validity of EWS certificate?
Ans. – EWS certificate is valid for a particular financial year from the date of issue.
Can we apply for EWS Certificate online?
Ans. – Yes, EWS Certificate Online application is started in some states of India like Bihar and Andhra Pradesh. Other states will start this system very soon.
Is there any age limit for EWS Certificate?
Ans. – No, There is no age limit mentioned by the central government of India to avail EWS Certificate.
Conclusion: We hope this article on EWS Certificate Form Download PDF & How To Apply For EWS Certificate? will be helpful for you. If you find this article helpful then please share it with your friends through whatsapp, Facebook, twitter, telegram and other mediums. Sharing is caring. If you have any doubt or problem then please let us know in the comment section.