SSC CGL 2021-22 Notification PDF: The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) has released the official notification pdf on 23 December 2021 for the recruitment of various posts. SSC conducts SSC Combined Graduate Level (CGL) Exam every year to recruit staff for various posts in the various Ministries and Departments of the Government of India and in its Subordinate Offices. The SSC CGL 2021 Tier-1 exam will be conducted in April 2022.
Interested and eligible candidates can apply online for SSC CGL 2021 from 23rd December to 23rd January 2022. You will get complete details about SSC CGL Recruitment 2021 like eligibility criteria, selection process, Important dates, application fee and steps to apply online for SSC CGL Recruitment 2021-22.
SSC CGL 2021-22 Notification PDF: Highlights
|Recruitment Name||SSC CGL Recruitment 2021|
|Exam Name||SSC CGL 2021 (Staff Selection Commission Combined Graduate Level)|
|Conducting Body||Staff Selection Commission (SSC)|
|Job Category||Central Government Job|
|Post Name||Group B and C officers under central Government|
|Total Vacancies||To be announced soon|
|Exam Level||National Level|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Exam Mode||Online (Computer-Based Test)|
|SSC CGL 2021 Application Date||23 December 2021 to 23 January 2022|
|SSC CGL 2021 Tier 1 Exam Date 2022||April 2022|
SSC CGL Vacancy 2021
The vacancy for SSC CGL 2021-22 exam will be released along with the SSC CGL 2021-22 Notification. The tentative number of vacancies for SSC CGL 2020-21 is 7,035.
SSC CGL Vacancy 2020-21
- UR – 2,891
- SC – 1,046
- ST – 510
- OBC – 1,858
- Total – 7,035
SSC CGL Eligibility Criteria
All the aspiring candidates of SSC CGL 2021 have to abide by all the Eligibility Criteria Decided by the Staff Selection Commission.
Candidate of SSC CGL must be a Citizen of either India or Nepal or Bhutan. If a candidate is a citizen of Nepal or Bhutan shall have a Certificate of Eligibility issued by the Government of India in favour of him/her.
Educational Qualification (As on 01-01-2021)
The Post-wise educational qualification that candidates need to obtain to fulfil for SSC CGL Exam 2021 is mentioned below:
|SSC CGL 2021 Post||Educational Qualification|
|Assistant Audit Officer||Bachelor’s Degree in any subject from a recognized University
Desirable Qualification: CA/CS/MBA/Cost & Management Accountant/ Masters in Commerce/ Masters in Business Studies
|Statistical Investigator Grade-II Post||Bachelor’s Degree from any recognized University with a minimum of 60% in Mathematics in Class 12th
Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline with Statistics as one of the subjects in graduation
|Compiler Posts||Bachelor’s Degree from any recognized University with Economics or Statistics or Mathematics as compulsory or Elective Subject|
|All Other Posts||Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline from a recognized University or equivalent|
Age Limit (As on 01-01-2021)
The age limit for the SSC CGL 2021 as per the post is given below:
|CSS||20-30 years||Assistant Section Officer|
|Intelligence Bureau||Not exceeding 30 Years||Assistant Section Officer|
|Directorate of Enforcement,
Department of Revenue
|Up to 30 years||Assistant Enforcement Officer|
|M/o of Statistics & Prog. Implementation||Up to 32 years||Junior Statistical Officer|
|NIA||Up to 30 years||Sub Inspector|
|CBI||20-30 years||Sub Inspector|
|Narcotics||18-25 years||Sub Inspector|
|CBEC||20-27 years||Tax Assistant|
|Department of Post||18-30 years||Inspector|
|Other Ministries/Departments/ Organizations||18-30 years||Assistant|
|Other departments||18-27 years||All other posts|
SSC CGL 2021 Age Relaxation
As per government guidelines age relaxation in SSC CGL is given in the table below:
|PH + OBC||13 years|
|PH + SC/ST||15 years|
|Ex-Servicemen (Gen)||3 years|
|Ex-Servicemen (OBC)||6 years|
|Ex-Servicemen (SC/ST)||8 years|
SSC CGL Selection Process
SSC CGL 2021 Examination will be conducted in four tiers as indicated below:
- Tier-I: Computer Based Examination
- Tier-II: Computer Based Examination
- Tier-III: Pen and Paper Mode (Descriptive paper)
- Tier-IV: Computer Proficiency Test/ Data Entry Skill Test (wherever applicable)/ Document Verification
SSC CGL Exam Pattern
The Staff Selection Commission of India will be conducting SSC CGL 2022 Exam in four stages: Tier-1, Tier-2, Tier-3 & Tier-4 exam. While Tier-I & Tier-II exams will be conducted online, Tier-III will be a pen and paper-based exam and Tier-IV will be a computer skill test.
SSC CGL Tier-1 Exam Pattern
|Sections||No. of Questions||Total Marks|
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||25||50|
- SSC CGL 2022 Tier-1 exam will be conducted online.
- There will be objective type multiple choice questions.
- There is a negative marking of 0.50 Marks for each wrong answer.
- The total time duration of the exam will be 60 minutes.
- There is no sectional cut-off.
- No point will be deducted if the question is left blank or unattempted by a candidate.
- Also, Check – SSC CGL Question Paper 2020 PDF All Shifts
SSC CGL Tier-2 Exam Pattern
|Sections||No. of Questions||Total Marks|
|English Language and Comprehension||200||200|
|General Studies (Finance and Economics)||100||200|
- There is a negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer in Paper-II (English Language and Comprehension) and of 0.50 marks for each wrong answer in Paper-I, Paper-III and Paper-IV.
- The total time duration for each paper is 2 hours.
- Also, Check – SSC CGL Tier 2 Mains Question Paper 2018 PDF
SSC CGL Tier-3 Exam Pattern
|Descriptive Paper in English/Hindi (Writing of Essay, Precis, Letter, Application, etc.)||100 marks||1 hour or 60 minutes|
- Tier-3 of SSC CGL will be a descriptive test.
- The paper will be in English/Hindi and will constitute of 100 marks.
- The entire paper needs to be completed in 60 minutes.
- Also, Check – SSC Descriptive Paper Study Materials PDF
SSC CGL 2021 Exam Dates
The Online Exam for SSC CGL 2022 Tier I exam is to be conducted in April 2022. The exam schedule for the SSC CGL 2021-22 exam is provided below. Please note down the important dates related to SSC CGL 2021-22 exam.
|SSC CGL 2021-22 Important Dates|
|Activity||SSC CGL 2021-22 Dates|
|SSC CGL Notification Date 2021||23rd December 2021|
|Online Application Process Starts||23rd December 2021|
|Last Date to Apply||23rd January 2022|
|SSC CGL Tier-I Application Status||10 days prior to exam|
|SSC CGL Tier-I Admit Card 2022||4 days prior to exam|
|SSC CGL Exam Date 2021 Tier-I||April 2022|
SSC CGL Application Fee
- The required application fee is Rs. 100/-
- Exemption: No fee is required to be paid by female, SC, ST, Physically Handicapped, and Ex-Servicemen candidates
- Applications fee should be paid only through SBI either in the form of challan or through SBI Net Banking or any other bank Credit/Debit Card. Challan form will be generated online.
How to Apply Online For SSC CGL Recruitment 2021-22?
Candidates can follow these steps to fill SSC CGL Application Form 2021-22:
- Go to SSC official site i.e ssc.nic.in.
- A page will be opened where you will get the registration and login form.
- If you are already registered for SSC Exams, then fill in the login details to apply for SSC CGL. But if you are not registered, then first you need to fill the registration form.
- After login, go to “Apply Now” and fill in all the required details i.e Name, Father’s Name, Mother’s Name, Education Qualification, Address, educational qualifications, and all the degrees you hold, etc.
- After that fill in your communication address.
- Upload your Photo and signature.
- Before submitting the form, preview your details.
- Once you submit the form, the next step is to pay your fee. The application fee is acceptable in online and offline modes.
- Pay your fee through Debit/Credit card/Net Banking/E-Challan if applicable.
- Click on ‘Submit’ button and your form will be submitted successfully.
- Your Online SSC CGL 2021-22 application process is completed and you can take a printout of the application form for further use.
You can join our All In One Preparation Group and join us on Telegram and like our Facebook Page to get notified on the latest exam updates and materials. For discussion join SSC GROUP and Railway Group.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What are the age criteria to apply for SSC CGL?
Ans. – The Minimum Age to apply for SSC CGL written exam is 18 years and the maximum age limit is 32 years.
Q. Is there any negative marking in SSC CGL Exam 2022?
Ans. – There will be a negative marking of 0.5 for each wrong answer in Tier-I. In Tier-II, there is a negative marking system of 0.25 for each wrong answer in Paper-II – English Language & Comprehension and 0.50 for each wrong answer in Paper-I, Paper III, and Paper IV of Tier II.
Q. Are students in the final year of graduation also eligible for SSC CGL?
Ans. – No, One cannot apply for the SSC CGL Exam if he/she hasn’t cleared the final year exam.
Q. What is the last date to apply online for SSC CGL 2021-22?
Ans. – The last date to apply online for SSC CGL is 23 January 2022.